Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to take a minute to share my build with the community. Over the past 4 years I have gone from FBO to 900 whp Alpha9 to 1400 whp 3582's. I just took delivery of the latest version of my car, a 4.1 PRO1700 with Motec from Top Speed Motorsports. Here are my thoughts:

• I wish I had started with TSM from the start. The level of customer service, communication, honestly, transparency, and quality are far beyond anything I have ever experienced. I own an automotive group in New England, so I spend a lot of my time interacting with customers. I usually am disappointed by how the performance industry treats a customer. The bar is usually pretty low. TSM was flawless. They answered my questions. They gave me updates. They left me 100% satisfied with the process and experience. Cicio spent 45 minutes with me on the phone when I received the car back walking me through every inch of the build. He answered my texts and emails at all hours of the day this weekend as I put some serious miles on the car. He was outstanding. Mike and Ricky were also outstanding. If you can get your car to TSM, but do it. Don't mess around with local shops that have limited experience and resources.
  • I cannot believe how well the car runs for 1700 whp. It starts right up. It doesn't buck or stall. Its quiet around town. I drove it to run errands yesterday, and I never had one of those OH SHIT moments you often have when trying to do normal things in a highly modified car. It literally can be mistaken for a stock car that also happens to make damn near 2,000 bhp.
  • I cannot explain how fast this car is. It doesn't spin the tires. It doesn't dance all over the road. It just accelerates faster than anything I have every driven. It pulls relentlessly. Its actually uncomfortable how hard it keeps you in the seat from 60-160. I am definitely bringing it to a half mile event as its no longer a car that you can really beat up on the street. I won't have any 60-130 numbers as I just cannot do something like that on the streets of New England. I'll get all that data at an event.
  • The stroker and the Motec really make this car complete. The torque from the stroker is insane. The car has a flatter torque curve that when it had the gen 2 3582's making 1420 whp on a 3.8. The Motec system makes the car accessible. The traction control is immaculate. The car stays straight. It shifts flawlessly. It even launches on the street on R888R's.

Overall I cannot imagine how TSM could have built me a better car. It was even delivered to me detailed and with a full tank of E85. Little things like this matter to me. I NEVER put another company's sticker on my cars. I proudly have two TSM stickers on my car. They built me a car that I literally cannot wait to drive. They also built me a car that, for the first time in my life, I don't think can be or needs to be faster.

Thank you to Cicio, Mike, Ricky, and the team. You have a customer for life!!! If anyone has any questions about the build, the different stages of the car's life, what its like to drive, I will be happy to share. I'm no expert, but I am happy to share my experiences with anyone going down a similar path.

Carl

·
Registered
10,119 Posts
Great stuff !!! Interested to see the half mile numbers !!!

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
You can't go wrong with Cicio and his team! They're amazing to work with and their results speak for themselves!

Thanks!

Michael

·
Registered
60 Posts
Congrats!!!! We have the same build with the same shop. And yes I agree with every one of your points.

Enjoy the car in good health!

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
5,966 Posts
Moved to HTR Build section

·
Registered
212 Posts
So heres a quick update. The car is running great and faster than I can believe. Due to self control issues, Im sending it back to TSM next week for carbon ceramic brakes and to upgrade the 1700s to TSMs newest offering that Cicio mentioned in another thread. Once done, Ill start a new thread with the details and results.

PSif anyone is looking to save big on a 1700 kit with 400 miles on it contact Cicio.

·
Registered
110 Posts
So heres a quick update. The car is running great and faster than I can believe. Due to self control issues, Im sending it back to TSM next week for carbon ceramic brakes and to upgrade the 1700s to TSMs newest offering that Cicio mentioned in another thread. Once done, Ill start a new thread with the details and results.

PSif anyone is looking to save big on a 1700 kit with 400 miles on it contact Cicio.
Would like to hear if you feel any difference on handling etc on changing to carbon ceramic brakes.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Congrats! You are upgrading to the newest tsm elite turbos that made 1400 whp? Or something else that's making even more than the pro1700? :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My car is back at TSM getting carbon brakes and the new kit Cicio has been talking about. Ill keep everyone posted on the results!!!

·
Vendor
3,046 Posts
Any update on the carbon brakes, You felt any difference after you installed the carbon brakes when driving? New turbo kit? Where did you buy the brakes from?
We are currently working on the car. Owner is from the North East and it isn't really race car weather there so he told us to take our sweet time as he can't drive it anyway.

New turbo kit is going on, should be some cool results

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well keep everyone posted on the results of the new kit and Ill post up my real world experiences with the kit and brakes. Im sadly six months away from sports car weather so we have plenty of time.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.