Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I recently bought a 2009, black GTR. Needless to say, I think the previous owner just ran it through those automatic car washes all the time. The paint was in less than ideal shape, lots of swirls, hazing etc. Detailing is one of my hobbies as I expect my cars to stay immaculate, but I felt the condition of this paint was a little too rough a job for me to tackle on my own so I decided to hire a professional. I also own a Ferrari and on the Ferrarichat SoCal forums there's a detailer almost everyone uses for our cars. His name is Jason but I've never needed his services for my Ferrari as it's paint has never been in the condition of this GTR's, so this was my first experience with him. Jason is in such high demand that I had to wait 2 weeks to get a spot on his calendar. He worked 2 straight days on my GTR from morning until late at night and the results were exceptional. Take a look at some pics below. He got my GTR to look like new, the black was finally deep & dark & all the swirls were removed. Though some scratches remained, those were simply too deep into the clear coat to get out. His attention to detail is second to none and he's a really friendly & professional guy to boot. I highly recommend Jason for any of you SoCal guys. But be aware this is a serious detailing service, I feel it's not so much for guys who just want someone to swing by and wash their car. This is for guys that are obsessed with getting their cars to look perfect down to the last detail, recognize the skill involved & are willing to pay for it. Do a search for Xcaliber mobile detailing for his site if you want to contact him.

This is what the surface of the majority of my car looked like.

Same area after a few hours

Some more reflection/detail shots

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts

I have a black car and that job is exceptional because the GTR paint is super soft

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How charges $50 an hour. I'm going to assume the amount of time he needs varies depending on the condition of each vehicle and what level of perfection the owner is asking for.

How much did he charge you? Swirls on my red GTR are bad from the previous owner so I've been looking for someone to knock them all out.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I have a black and that is beautiful work. I get my car waxed and detailed and it doesn't look like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.