Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read this:

A high-performance differential oil R35 COMPETITION type 2189E (75W140), which has been used in motorsports, is now provided as a standard feature for every grade.
Any comments? Likely too early for Nissan dealers to order the oil? Eric?

·
Founder/Admin
26,259 Posts
this is the same oil approved for us in the 2012's per the owners manual.. for 2013 they just decided to make it standard

MOTUL NISMO COMPETITION OIL type 2189E 75W 140 can also be used. MOTUL NISMO
COMPETITION OIL type 2189E 75W 140 may not be available at most NISSAN dealer or in all markets.
as for availability yeah its not gonna be sitting on the shelves at all dealers ...eric is a good place to start as always

i will be swapping it into mine when the time comes

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
this is the same oil approved for us in the 2012's per the owners manual.. for 2013 they just decided to make it standard

as for availability yeah its not gonna be sitting on the shelves at all dealers ...eric is a good place to start as always

i will be swapping it into mine when the time comes
I should have thought about this yesterday. A guy from Motul USA was at the Scion race shop. Looking at some oils that came out of an engine, and talking about 25 hours. I will ask about US availability.

·
CMD
1,130 Posts
I maybe mistaken, but is this the same blue stuff as the Motul FF Competition 75W140 Gear Oil that a lot of us are using?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Is this ok for 2010 models? Which is best for performance and drive ability/durability?

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
I maybe mistaken, but is this the same blue stuff as the Motul FF Competition 75W140 Gear Oil that a lot of us are using?
No this is a "better" formula and was sold to many of us in a group buy for about $66 a bottle - it is a Motul fluid packaged as a Nismo product and looks like this:

or this

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
No this is a "better" formula and was sold to many of us in a group buy for about $66 a bottle - it is a Motul fluid packaged as a Nismo product and looks like this:
]
Despite my initial belief that this would be the same oil as the aftermarket Motul, it is a thicker formula. Not by much, but thicker.

It is a special blend just for Nismo.

Shawn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.