Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
O_o
1,657 Posts
Could be a stock block alpha 9, I see the Alpha sticker on the side (not like that means anything)

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I watched all the videos and I saw that Evo racing the switzer car and the same Evo raced this vette and murdered it. Just doesnt make sence to me. Maybe he read it upside down and it was an alpha 6?

·
GO GATORS !!
627 Posts
Something isn't right here. Somebody's fibbing. If that GT-R is an A9, and that C6Z is n/a the outcome would have been the exact opposite.

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I'm thinking. My cousin has a c6z06 with headers, fast intake manifold, thermostat, lingefelter intake, and tune from corvettes at Carlisle. He showed me this video. He still hasn't brought the vette out to run yet! I allready waxed his ass with my Evo at 600hp wastegate pressure only on the break-in tune from a roll an he had the hit. No brake boosting! Lol my gtr feels allot faster with the tune and mid pipe than the Evo did.

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This has to be someone on the forums gtr. Chris n. with a e900 gtr won the event. Is he on here? Maybe he can shed some light?

·
Registered
697 Posts
An Alpha 9 on pump could very well be only making 640awhp. The Vette is lighter, so if its actually a 700awhp vette what is so surprising? Did they race form a roll? The video is a bit decieving. It doesn't look like they get on it until well after they're moving.

Someone enlighten me.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
alpha 9 owner is a buddy of mine and is on the forums. i'm sure he'll post up shortly. i was at the event and for now can say that he has a stock block/transmission alpha 9 and i believe in this race specifically, he hit the rev limiter

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Does anyone know the mods to the vette?

I'm not sure why everyone has such a hard time believing what happened in the vid....

·
White A9+
164 Posts
I own a fully built Alpha9 and recently owned a 770rwhp nitrous Z06. With traction they are absolute monsters. Not much from these races will surprise me.

Interesting, let the owner chime in.

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In the discription it says the gtr was on race fuel. The alpha 9 is a 9sec car on pump right? Just a bit confused. Was the alpha 9 on pump gas in this race? That same vette got destroyed by that Evo that was hanging side by side with the swizter e900 gtr. Which the gtr won the event.

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does anyone know the mods to the vette?

I'm not sure why everyone has such a hard time believing what happened in the vid....
I found 12.1 compression ported fast 102intake manifold, haltech intake, e85 , custom ground cam, and clutch.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm the owner of this GTR and it's a stock block/ tranny Alpha 9. I did hit the rev limiter in the initial hit and tried to recover but that wasn't happening so I let off. That vette is quick. A win is a win and that day I lost

·
White A9+
164 Posts
^^^ yep, that's the way it is.

Looks like what Carlos at Vette-Air builds. Nitrous is one of those temperamental and not very lasting affairs. It can be inconsistent and that may account for the differences seen. Whatever, looks like these guys had a lot of fun

·
Registered
189 Posts
Good death...

These guys are way underestimateing the z06..

Ive raced a 680 awhp pumpgas SPengineering gtr and a 650 rwhp z06...

Z06 was much faster...it should be. Its around 700 pounds lighter and has quite a bit more torque..

When I raced the same GTR on race gas at 750 awhp it pulled me about the same as the 650 rwhp z06.

Dont underestimate the z06 guys. They trap 123-128 mph in the quartermile 100% stock with just 450 rwhp. So its easy to se how even just a 550 rwhp one is in the 129-134 mph range...650 rwhp and when it comes to z06s thats a 140 mph car

·
Registered
114 Posts
Good death...

These guys are way underestimateing the z06..

Ive raced a 680 awhp pumpgas SPengineering gtr and a 650 rwhp z06...

Z06 was much faster...it should be. Its around 700 pounds lighter and has quite a bit more torque..

When I raced the same GTR on race gas at 750 awhp it pulled me about the same as the 650 rwhp z06.

Dont underestimate the z06 guys. They trap 123-128 mph in the quartermile 100% stock with just 450 rwhp. So its easy to se how even just a 550 rwhp one is in the 129-134 mph range...650 rwhp and when it comes to z06s thats a 140 mph car
Yeah people should not underestimate z06's or Vettes period. They are complete MONSTERS when paired with a great driver that knows the gearing and has crisp shifts. Little mods do a lot. I have a few buddies with z06's that are lightly modded by Cunningham Motorsports and are VERY quick. Before my turbos were upgraded and just had all the bolt-ons and a tune, I ran a z06 with just an intake and a tune and I have to say it was VERY close so this run does not surprise me. From what I know, the z06's 1st gear goes all the way to 60mph and have long gears

1 - 20 of 47 Posts