Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone looking at these to replace the OEM skirts. I purchased them from Evasive Motorsports and they arrived in about 2 weeks from California (to Maryland). Finish of the product is great, they look super clean and the weave is consistent. For reference, I have the N-Tune CF front splitter and it fits well and looks great, so I wanted skirts to match. Well, the fitment on the skirts sucks a big one.

Let me preface the rest of my post with something - I'm not a car noob. I've been working on cars since I was 18, and while I'm certainly not a mechanic by trade, I've done just about everything you can do on your car short of rebuilding an engine. I also am fairly good at machine work and fabrication.

First of all, they do not come pre drilled. I understand some products are like this, however for a piece of body molding that needs precise placement of clips and screws, this feels like a recipe for disaster. I did my best to drill the screw holes and cut the slots for the body clips to slide in to. Working with thin carbon fiber is a nightmare, be prepared to mask up and wear goggles as you don't want CF dust anywhere near your eyes or lungs. The CF in some areas where I had to cut was too thick to allow for me to slide in the clips, so not only did I have to drill and cut, I also had to shave down parts of the lip. This means shaving down 2mm of carbon fiber to 1mm of carbon fiber at the point where it needs to be structurally sound enough to support the tension of a retaining clip. Needless to say I broken the carbon fiber in one spot where I was attempting to do this. The other spots seemed...OK I guess.

But then it was time to fit them to the car. Let me be blunt - they do not fit. I could either screw in the bottoms to the proper spots along the body, or I could clip in the top along the inner door lining, but I could not to both, and carbon fiber does not stretch or bend to even give me the opportunity to try. The clip mounting positions, despite my best measuring and drilling efforts, were not precise enough and I could only get one or 2 clips secured at any given time. I worked at installing my passenger side skirt for almost 4 hours before giving up on what should be a 10 minute job. I grabbed my OEM skirt and had it re-installed in, no joke, 7 minutes (I timed it just to make myself more angry).

I've written to Evasive and requested a refund, although I suspect my prospects are poor given that I've already attempted to install the passenger side. I ordered a set of Zele and I anticipate a much smoother installation experience once they arrive.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan GT-R BE
41 Posts
you should try contacting epimotoring directly. might have better luck? i had a good experience with my front lip but this is very disappointing to hear as the side skirts were my next purchase. i wasn’t considering zele since i have a black edition and wanted to match the factory carbon.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you should try contacting epimotoring directly. might have better luck? i had a good experience with my front lip but this is very disappointing to hear as the side skirts were my next purchase. i wasn’t considering zele since i have a black edition and wanted to match the factory carbon.
Yeah the front splitter fit well and only required very minor work around the fender liner. I was hoping that the side skirts would be the same but this is not the case, at least for the pair that I received.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Man I hate that, I'd also be interested in hearing your opinion of the match in carbon fiber look from the N-Tune lip and Zele side skirts since it is really difficult to see from photos. Some CF is for sure lighter/darker than others not to mention the 1x1 or 2x2 weave.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just wanted to post here to echo what BPS_Customs is saying, I bought a full N-Tune kit and am not happy with the fitment and quality of the kits. If you're considering any parts from N-Tune I would would reconsider.. I'll be creating my own post soon with all the details.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just wanted to post here to echo what BPS_Customs is saying, I bought a full N-Tune kit and am not happy with the fitment and quality of the kits. If you're considering any parts from N-Tune I would would reconsider.. I'll be creating my own post soon with all the details.
Let me know when it goes up I'd be interested to see if you had the same issues that I did.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Let me know when it goes up I'd be interested to see if you had the same issues that I did.
Yes the side skirts did not fit at all and came with damages. I purchased the NTune D kit V2:

1. Hood surface was uneven so even painting you would see large indents
2. Front bumper didn't fit at all
3. side skirt didn't fit and came with damages
4. Rear bumper bolt alignment was way off

Overall the kit was made with a cheap resin and none of the parts fit. There were broken tabs and bad scruffs all over..

·
Registered
32 Posts
This sucks to hear, I was under the impression it was all made here in America. You see lots of the guys doing high speed 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile using it for the stiffness.

I really have had the Kit A upgrade in my sights with the front diffuser, drl and front cf grill to get the looks of the '16 nismo, damn.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts