Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Vendor
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you are NBA fans?

What do you guys think of the greed involved in all this?

I'm a big basketball fan but I've just about had it with this BS!!

Good luck NBA when and if you ever play again.

I myself think they are all making a grave mistake....good luck getting the fans to come back.

· Registered
3,769 Posts
I could care less about the NBA but I feel deeply for all the little people this is hurting.....ie the stadium workers, small business owners, etc that are impacted from a lost season....the owners offered 50/50 and the players rejected it.....at this point I think much of the blame for the season is now on the players.....I love it how Kobe and Carmelo stand up there but what about all the guys that will actually have to find a real job because of this.....how the players can expect the owners to operate and contunue to lose money is beyond me.....

· I like turtles!
175 Posts
I think of the players as kind of like the occupy movement; they are employed by someone (the owners), signed a contract of employment and now have decided the contract they signed isn't good enough so they refuse to work until 'something is done about it.' When it comes down to it, you have employees refusing to work regardless of what they think about their employment situation, and they make a hell of a lot more money than most people in a similar situation. I'm sure the stalemate will end when the 75% of the NBA players who are over extended on mortgages and the luxury lifestyle start to get foreclosure notices.

· Registered
2,137 Posts
The problem with this labor dispute is that the public does not care. Ninety percent of NBA fans can't afford a ticket to a game. The pro game is just plain boring. It no longer is a team sport. Offense is now basically clearing out and letting players go 1-on-1. The few superstars left in the pro game generally come across as selfish and arrogant. Count me out.

· Premium Member
3,477 Posts
Even if the players salary doubled they would need more money since its overspent on child support

Most people look at the players as their heroes, I rather be the team owner ( those are my heroes).

· Registered
1,122 Posts
Even if the players salary doubled they would need more money since its overspent on child support

Most people look at the players as their heroes, I rather be the team owner ( those are my heroes).
+1 the players have a shelf life, after a few years they are out of the picture while the owner continues on making money.

· Registered
51 Posts
I've always loved basketball and the NBA but this lockout is just plain ridiculous.
My question is what is this really going to achieve for the players union as a whole? Aren't they losing more money than they are trying to gain with a lockout/lawsuit?

· Registered
278 Posts
NCAA basketball is much more exciting. The kids aren't just going through the motions- they give 100% all the time, and the fans react accordingly. Adios, NBA.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.