Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you are NBA fans?

What do you guys think of the greed involved in all this?

I'm a big basketball fan but I've just about had it with this BS!!

Good luck NBA when and if you ever play again.

I myself think they are all making a grave mistake....good luck getting the fans to come back.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
I could care less about the NBA but I feel deeply for all the little people this is hurting.....ie the stadium workers, small business owners, etc that are impacted from a lost season....the owners offered 50/50 and the players rejected it.....at this point I think much of the blame for the season is now on the players.....I love it how Kobe and Carmelo stand up there but what about all the guys that will actually have to find a real job because of this.....how the players can expect the owners to operate and contunue to lose money is beyond me.....

·
4,747 Posts
Do you like betting on Pakistan's no-balls?
Well that was really embarrassing, but i believe its good for the game! So let em rot!

I was happy and sad at the verdict. Extremely heart breaking and vindicating as well.

·
I like turtles!
180 Posts
I think of the players as kind of like the occupy movement; they are employed by someone (the owners), signed a contract of employment and now have decided the contract they signed isn't good enough so they refuse to work until 'something is done about it.' When it comes down to it, you have employees refusing to work regardless of what they think about their employment situation, and they make a hell of a lot more money than most people in a similar situation. I'm sure the stalemate will end when the 75% of the NBA players who are over extended on mortgages and the luxury lifestyle start to get foreclosure notices.

·
I like turtles!
180 Posts
Or (looking at T.O.) .. child support payments
LOL, forgot about that, this might be a carefully planned stalemate just to get out of wage garnishment.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Sounds like "Occupy NBA" to me . There is a strong correlation between the "99%" in the OWS movement and this group. Both despise the wealthy and both are degenerates of society.

·
Registered
471 Posts
How many of you are NBA fans?
Huge fan. My last avatar for this forum consisted of my team apparel. I think my Location still says "Oracle Arena"

With that said, I'm bummed out that I can't go to game, but since it's Football season, and the fact that my Niners are 8-1 right now, totally makes up for it.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
The problem with this labor dispute is that the public does not care. Ninety percent of NBA fans can't afford a ticket to a game. The pro game is just plain boring. It no longer is a team sport. Offense is now basically clearing out and letting players go 1-on-1. The few superstars left in the pro game generally come across as selfish and arrogant. Count me out.

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Even if the players salary doubled they would need more money since its overspent on child support

Most people look at the players as their heroes, I rather be the team owner ( those are my heroes).

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Even if the players salary doubled they would need more money since its overspent on child support

Most people look at the players as their heroes, I rather be the team owner ( those are my heroes).
+1 the players have a shelf life, after a few years they are out of the picture while the owner continues on making money.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've always loved basketball and the NBA but this lockout is just plain ridiculous.
My question is what is this really going to achieve for the players union as a whole? Aren't they losing more money than they are trying to gain with a lockout/lawsuit?

·
Super Moderator
3,445 Posts
Do you like betting on Pakistan's no-balls?
Oh No....that's low!
LOL

I'm a big cricket fan and play alot also. That was soooooo embarassing for the sport. Kinda like when Rosberg admitted to crashing in the singapore gp.

·
Registered
282 Posts
NCAA basketball is much more exciting. The kids aren't just going through the motions- they give 100% all the time, and the fans react accordingly. Adios, NBA.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts