Nissan GT-R Forum banner
601 - 620 of 646 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
The Warriors were lucky to face teams in the playoffs without their starting point guard. I don't think the outcome would have been the same of Kyrie was healthy and playing, let alone Love was playing. Next year, if the Cavs stay healthy and intact, it's their Finals to lose.
What if MVP Rose returns and stays healthy?? lol

·
Registered
515 Posts
Warriors won 19 games in a row at one time. Best home record, best road record and 67-15. One of the best all time records. They didn't back into the Finals. You can only play who is healthy to play.

2010 AAM-1200 4.2L

·
RED MONSTER
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #605 ·
The Warriors were lucky to face teams in the playoffs without their starting point guard. I don't think the outcome would have been the same of Kyrie was healthy and playing, let alone Love was playing. Next year, if the Cavs stay healthy and intact, it's their Finals to lose.
Come on man, they are all equally at risk of losing players to injuries during the season. The Warriors almost lost Curry and Thompson to "football-like" tackles in the series against Houston.

And to put things further into perspective, the Warriors were plagued by injuries for years (Curry with his ankles, Livingston with his leg injury, Bogut etc), this was the only season where they managed to have most of their players relatively healthy!

And I'll say this about James, he's the most athletic player in the game right now, but he's a coach-killer and isn't quite the one-man show that you think he is.

Jordan had Pippen, Kobe had Shaq, while Duncan and Curry's team was far more balanced with great coaches behind them, and they all won championships. James tries to do everything by himself but he can't, he is less accommodating on a Cavs team than he was when he was in Miami and Irving and Love are both suffering for it (not to mention Blatt who is actually a great coach).

·
Registered
515 Posts
Warriors would've gotten destroyed if the cavs were healthy. Destroyed. We had them on fucking lock down. Amazing just Lebron won 2 almost 3 games alone.
Yeah sure. Would've, could've, should've, if, if, if. Warriors won the first game with Kyrie there. Then they had a let down and just played into the Cavs only chance of walking the ball down the court type of game. Cavs won game 3 and had the 2-1 lead. Oh and then what happened? Oh yeah, the Warriors focused in, locked them down and whipped them 3 times in a row by an average of 14 points, of which two games were in Cleveland. Not could of whipped them, not should of whipped them, they smoked them!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Yeah sure. Would've, could've, should've, if, if, if. Warriors won the first game with Kyrie there. Then they had a let down and just played into the Cavs only chance of walking the ball down the court type of game. Cavs won game 3 and had the 2-1 lead. Oh and then what happened? Oh yeah, the Warriors focused in, locked them down and whipped them 3 times in a row by an average of 14 points, of which two games were in Cleveland. Not could of whipped them, not should of whipped them, they smoked them!
Lol
It's hard to discuss basketball with someone that does not understand basketball. Lmao. If anyone wants a good look at someone that understands nothing about basketball here he is folks!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Sure thing buddy. I guess all my years of playing in leagues and last 10 years of coaching means I know nothing about basketball. You just don't like the fact I pointed out your excuses. You can play the what if games. But remember there is only one basketball still for all your all stars to play with. Funny thing is your Cavs squad probably wouldn't of made out of the first or second round at best in the West. San Antonio, LA, Memphis and Houston all WOULD'VE beaten them, lol.......

2010 AAM-1200 4.2L

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Sure thing buddy. I guess all my years of playing in leagues and last 10 years of coaching means I know nothing about basketball. You just don't like the fact I pointed out your excuses. You can play the what if games. But remember there is only one basketball still for all your all stars to play with. Funny thing is your Cavs squad probably wouldn't of made out of the first or second round at best in the West. San Antonio, LA, Memphis and Houston all WOULD'VE beaten them, lol.......

2010 AAM-1200 4.2L
What if what if what if.......I didn't think you liked playing that game. If you're so versed in basketball how do you completely write off the cavs with only Lebron when they locked down and nearly won 3 games against the most dominant team this year?

·
Registered
515 Posts
They did not win 3 games and if you want to use nearly. Iggy saved the ball that went thru Curry's legs with 31 seconds left in game 2 and the Warriors up 1. If it doesn't go thru his legs they maybe go up three and win that game. Does that mean they nearly won 5 games now?

2010 AAM-1200 4.2L

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
And falling back on the average margin of victory is a far cry from how competitive the games were. The final score was not indicative of how the game was actually played. The cavs were historically bad without the rest of their starters for a finals team. The Warriors were historically good. The series didn't play that way

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
I am huge Heat fan. I can tell you GS did not impress me at all in the finals. If Irving was healthy they would have LOST. Watching the Cavs ( besides LBJ) was like watching the D -league. It was truly painful. They were saying on the radio if that lineup minus LBJ played a whole season they would win 8 games all year. Thats how bad they were. It was a joke. The fact LBJ took won 2 games and lost another in OT is a freaking miracle.

Imagine if GS only had Curry Minus 2 of their best players vs the Cavs full strength , it would have been 4-0. LBJ really impressed me with these scrubs on the Cavs. It was painful to watch.

Again i could care less who won , just stating facts. I would not be surprised Wade goes to Cleveland next year.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Part of sports is the human factor. When Irving went down the Warriors believed all the media hype that they were going to sweep. They played down to the competition and didn't adjust. After they got out of the funk they controlled all 3 games they won in a row. Sure the Cavs competed, but never really threatened them in those games. Cavs were not impressive for most of the season and seemed to be a better squad without Love and Thompson in there. Defense is still huge factors for winning championships and with Irving / Love on the floor, their defense is definitely worse.

2010 AAM-1200 4.2L

·
essj
250 Posts
Cavs were not impressive for most of the season and seemed to be a better squad without Love and Thompson in there. Defense is still huge factors for winning championships and with Irving / Love on the floor, their defense is definitely worse.

2010 AAM-1200 4.2L
this man here understands basketball. sure the score would have been different for the cavs, but irving and love are defensive liabilities. if love leaves and they start thompson then sign a couple good role players for the bench, thats 15-16 cavs ring on lock.

mozgov and thompson are TOUGH in the paint. makes me think horford and millsap are soft in the east.

Sent from my SM-G925V using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
this man here understands basketball. sure the score would have been different for the cavs, but irving and love are defensive liabilities. if love leaves and they start thompson then sign a couple good role players for the bench, thats 15-16 cavs ring on lock.

mozgov and thompson are TOUGH in the paint. makes me think horford and millsap are soft in the east.

If you call thompson 'THOUGH' it really makes me wonder what you would have called ben wallace lol

·
RED MONSTER
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #620 ·

Actually Irving played the best defense I've ever seen him play, and he did a good job on Curry in that first game. However, he's primarily a scorer, and would rather spend all his energy trying to score points than play defense (like most scorers do).

Love is the one who looks like a fish out of water on this Cavs team, he's better suited elsewhere like the Lakers when he can possibly get back to being a 20-10 player.

601 - 620 of 646 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.