Nissan GT-R Forum banner
621 - 640 of 646 Posts

·
RED MONSTER
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #621 ·
What if what if what if.......I didn't think you liked playing that game. If you're so versed in basketball how do you completely write off the cavs with only Lebron when they locked down and nearly won 3 games against the most dominant team this year?
Did you watch the series from start to finish? Did you watch the conference finals before that?

Golden State were well capable of winning the championship before they even got there, they beat one of the best defensive teams in the league and one of the best offensive team getting there. Oh, and throw in the fact that the Warriors were already the leading defensive AND offensive team in the league already.

I never thought for one moment that they will lose against the Cavs, even if the Cavs had Irving and Love playing, not once.

·
essj
250 Posts
I never thought for one moment that they will lose against the Cavs, even if the Cavs had Irving and Love playing, not once.
agree and disagree. We never know since they never played. But with love and kyrie in the starting lineup, that frees up scoring load on lebron and gives blatt a legit 9 man rotation vs a 7 man rotation.

I would honestly say with KI and Love in, it would go either way going down to 7 games.

·
RED MONSTER
1,796 Posts
Do you see ben wallace playing the past season? If you want to talk tough old timers, I'd take oakley over ben "cant make a free throw" wallace anyday.

what i was saying is, mozgov and thompson shat on draymond and bogut in the finals. There seemed to be no tough factor on the dubs lineup except draymond barking up and down the court.

agree and disagree. We never know since they never played. But with love and kyrie in the starting lineup, that frees up scoring load on lebron and gives blatt a legit 9 man rotation vs a 7 man rotation.

I would honestly say with KI and Love in, it would go either way going down to 7 games.
Cavs have been struggling with Kyrie and Love playing alongside James all season, plus a coach who was undermined completely by James.

As much as James "pulled" the team in the finals, he put them in a position where they had to rely on him for everything. I knew it wasn't going to work out.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Cavs have been struggling with Kyrie and Love playing alongside James all season, plus a coach who was undermined completely by James.

As much as James "pulled" the team in the finals, he put them in a position where they had to rely on him for everything. I knew it wasn't going to work out.
I think the issue is that Love is not a team player at the end and what he brings to the team now, with Mozgov and Thompson, and soon Varejo, is not necessarily worth the premium. Yes, if LBJ had him on the wing for shots, esp. from the 3 point line, the outcome would have been different. But he doesn't fit a pass/better shot system.

·
Registered
719 Posts
yay we got jeremy lin
Haha congrats I guess...

I'm a Mavs fan first, and a Thunder fan second. This whole Deandre Jordan saga sucks. At least the Thunder have one more good year in them before Durant leaves.

·
Registered
458 Posts
The deandre situation was hilarious, esp all the tweets. But I think what he did was a bitch move. Not even responding to Cuban is wrong. They have every right to feel disrespected and pissed

Sent from my A0001 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
364 Posts
Worst All Star Weekend of the last 15 years.
Is it me or has the level of skillset & good overall players completely and utterly deterioated over the last 10-15 years?
I mean slowly but surley over the years, maybe the regular Fan didnt notice it that much, because they watched continously.. but zapping in tonight was just terrible.

·
choose your destructor
467 Posts
what all star game were you guys watching? that was a great game last night, especially the second half!

·
Registered
364 Posts
NBA and NFL are getting worst every year, and I used play basketball in college in the 90s.Now Baseball is making a comeback last year after the world league classic ,this year is going to be fun again.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am getting more and more into the Sport.
Its way different but atm NFL and NBA are just in a endless downward spiral.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I think its a great move by James, for the Lakers and for the entire Leauge.
I fear however, this comes as much as a little too late. James is declining and has 1-2 years left with his explosive style. Will they build a real Super Team around him ?
Had he not pissed away these years with this garbage team in Ohio, he would be in a prime position now to take #1 all time @lakers
The warriors story has shown, these days its all about longevity and building. You could propell the Milwaukee Bucks to a title team with the right people and patience.

621 - 640 of 646 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.