Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Need advice for suitable tires.

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Nandska 
#1 ·
Hi, I've bought a new set of rim and can't seem to find suitable tires for my rim.

Rim specs:
Advan RZ-DF

Front 20inch 10J + 38
Rear 20inch 12J +20

Any ideal what is the most suitable tires for my rim ?

#2 ·
I ordered the same wheels and specs. Really the only thing we can currently run are Toyo R888s 285/30/20 and 315/30/20

#4 ·
Here are PSS tire specs according to Vivid Racing. I plan to go with the PSS setup when my Volk G12's come in:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is some comparison on the R888 set to the Michelin PSS

Michelin
295/35 recommended for 10-11.5" wide wheel, overall height 28.1" actual thread width 11.6"
345/30 recommended for 12-13" wide wheel, overall height 28.1" actual thread width 12.7

R888
285/35 recommend for 9.5-10" wide wheel, overall height 27.7" actual thread width 11.5"
315/30 recommended for 10.5-11.5 wide wheel, overall height 27.6" actual thread width 12.5

Only issue I see here is the height based off this information the Michelin's might be a little too tall because about 1/2" taller than the R888, so lowering the car I would go with something adjustable not a spring set up just so you can raise the car is need be or fender roll.

-Jade

#7 ·
That's a really tricky size. The best option is a set of Toyo R888's. We have them in stock 285/35/r20 fronts and 315/30/r20 rears.

We have a lot of experience with GT-R wheels and tires for track use and street use, so if anyone ever has any quetions about fitments, don't hesitate to ask our team. Here to help.

#9 ·
The Michelin's are a VERY good street tire, but at the end of the day still do not provide the same amount of grip as the Toyos. If the car sees most of its time on the street go for the Michelins. If the car sees pretty frequent track use then you should consider the Toyos.

#14 ·
I have read many threads where it was stated that the Toyos are comparable to the stock Dunlops on the track in terms of outright grip. Your opinion is that the Toyos are better than the PSS on track, would this also imply that the stock Dunlop is at a higher performance level than the PSS on track? if so this moves me towards the Toyo R888 as I do not want to downgrade performance on my tires from the stock Dunlops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.