Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Need advice !

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  livin 
#1 ·
first my R35 isn't my daily drive, since hard to get 93 Octane in San Francisco, notice even the gas cap saying 93 Octane , will add a bottle ( not follow the ratio stuffs ) of Torco can tell / feel the different with full tank of 91 ?
I read the forum here another product call Boostane , but they are pretty much same price.

I don't race, track at all but just like a little fun without mod any set up / tune the engine. Just simply add bottle of ( Redbull ) Torco will work ?

THX for any info.

#2 ·
While 91 won't have the performance feel of 93, it is fine to run it in a GT-R even as a daily driver - many owners routinely run 91 without issue because 93 isn't available, and the problems with 91 were really isolated to the 2013 model when Nissan revised the ECU for more performance and that particular revision was very finicky on fuel. Boostane and Torco do essentially the same thing. There are several threads on the topic of both here - you just have to search for them. As I recall, there is a tendency for these products to leave orange residue on the plugs with use over time which can lead to fouling the plugs.

#5 ·
Agreed. Find somewhere that sells VP fuel and buy it from them. It'll save you the huge shipping cost of buying it direct and it'll still be cheaper than mixing. I buy VP e85 at a gas station about 40min from me and they will even get me a 55gal drum of it if I want. Price wise equates to the same cost of (x4) 5gal containers so basically buy 4 get 1 free.

#6 ·
^+1 if it’s your daily and your just bolt on don’t bother trying to mix in torco.

If you want to load up on a weekend with some better fuel, just find a local performance shop or gas station that will sell you 5 gal or even 55gal barrels of something.

If you have 10 gallons at 91 and mix in 5 gallons of something like VP Extreme (110) you will be about 97 octane. As a FBO you’ll feel the difference. Should be about $10-12 a gallon.

If you can switch over to E85, will pay for itself.

I mix ignite red with pump and have great results.

On a side note : my buddy runs MS109 / Import mix and he’s already spent $10k this summer on fuel lmao.

#7 ·
Sorry just reread your original post - do not put pump E85 into the car if it is stock and not tuned with the supporting mods. You’ll have problems.

Since it’s stock, you’ll want to mix in an unleaded fuel like I mentioned above.

On a full tank, you’ll barely see an increase with even a single gallon let alone something small like boostane.

Best bet is to buy a 5 gallon pal of something with 110 octane rating and mixing it in.

Someone else can comment, but not sure if stock injectors can handle the oxygenated fuels.

#10 ·
My mention of e85 that I purchase should not be done unless you have the supporting mods as stated. VP sells all types of fuel I just get e85 personally because I have everything for it.
Stock injectors cannot take e85. You will need 1050cc or higher to run e85.
Again, as mentioned, you can buy a 5gal pail of 110 or something and mix it with pump using stock injectors.

#11 · (Edited)
Many have added 2-3 gallons of E85 on stock cars to boost octane of 91 with no issues. Search the forum for the long discussions but ultimately the decision is yours.

Edit: Just wanted to add... besides the other owners who have done the same in states such as CA, AZ and NV, adding 2 gallons of E98 to 91 octane on a stock car, doing so during the summers while my car was stock kept it out of limp mode. Whether it added any power is subjective but being able to stay out of limp mode is not. The boost gauge and throttle response responds accordingly with the octane boost.

#12 ·
Boostane is far better than Torco, it stays mixed up. I mix 1/2 oz of it per gallon and that little bit makes 93. Both will leave an orange tint but drag racers have used this for many years with no negative effects. Boostane Professional is cost effective . Mixing 100 octane is best and you only need 3 gallons per 10 to get to 93 octane. Just do the math.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.