Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Need advise

1K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  1GTR2NV 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been thinking of getting a GTR. I found a 2013 for a good price. My questions are...

Is 2013 a good year or any known issues with the 2013?
Does the GTR make a good Daily Driver? Or is it recommended to have a beater for the week and GTR for the weekend?
Are GTRs, in general, good cars? (Besides the awesome performance)

It's either this or a new C63 AMG so I'm trying to decide....

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
Yes 2013 is a Great year!! some will say it's even the best year! IE fastest. No there really isn't any known issues with the 2013 gtrs. (besides maybe the fact in cali if you only have 91 octane it doesn't like it. so would possibly have to take it in to dealer and have the updated tune put on for 91 if hasn't been done already.

as far as daily I would guess that would have to do with how far you gotta go and if stop and go traffic. ( I daily mine and love it)

Yes the GTRs are very good cars and also very reliable especially for what they are.

#3 ·
I agree with what Evolution84 said. I think the 13, if you got a good deal, would be a good pick up. What is the deal you're getting? Also, yes you can daily drive the GTR and it is a great car. Some people will say that the 15 and 16 models are better for daily driving because the suspension is a little softer, but just go with the 13 if u can get a good deal. 2k13forLIFE!!

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

#7 ·
Just food for thought. I picked up my 2013 Jet Black premium w 7500 miles for 69k. Only thing was the tires were done so just got MPSS on her, for 1700, PPI for 200. Its an awesome car.

Oh btw, i had thought the owner lost his wheel lug keys but they are actually beneath the passenger rug

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks for the input guys! I found a slightly used one for low 70k, with 15k miles. Looks like it's showroom condition. I figured it's my chance to get this supercar without breaking the bank lol. I drive 50miles round trip for work, plus some if I take the "long way" home lol. But really, I could drive around for hours! Haha

Are they still voiding warranty if you use LC? Or is that old news? Oh yeah, they are very costly for regular maintenance?

#13 ·
No LC will not void your warranty that was only on the first gtr's with vdc off

In my opinion no, regular maintenance is not bad. oil change can be had for under $100 if you do yourself, brakes around $300 (Pads) tires are probably the most and around $1700

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.