Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is the skinny (other than being stuck on the side of the road). 2013 with GTC's 700 package minus the downpipe install and tuned by Ben Linney himself. Was have fueling issues before and pretty much boiled down to a clogged post filter (the dome). So changed out the pre-filters and installed the fuel filter setup that Earico and Soccerking came up with. About 3-4 tanks of 92 octane through the tank with no issues...until today.

Drove all the way to work (about 10 miles) with no issues....and kinda getting on it. Stopped at the gym, did work out and started up to drive to other side of base to the office. Step on the gas and massive hesitation, had to baby the throttle to get it to go. Pull over to the side, and pop the hood to see what is what....car just dies at that point.

All fuses (primary, secondary pumps and injectors) are good. Nothing seems amiss under the hood or in the fuel tank (didn't take anything out of the tank). Now the car will just crank/turnover, but will not run.

Plugged in the ECUTEK and check the pumps with the tester and all seems fine (could hear them running). No DTCs present when scanned with the ecutek. So I'm at a lose. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
It can't be the post filter. Chances are your oring for fuel pumps are not set. Put a fuel pressure gauge and check. My car doesn't even have prefilters and have no issues with post filter clogging.

·
Lake Bum
2,747 Posts
You had a hose pop off or split. Either clamped too tight or not enough. Time to go in tank for a look.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
You had a hose pop off or split. Either clamped too tight or not enough. Time to go in tank for a look.
^^^this did you clamp everything well and use the correct size aka 5/16th on the pumps and 3/8ths for the rest along with using high quality gates hose?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
maaaaaaan, was hoping you wouldn't say that
. Let the headache begin.
text me if you need help, but if you can hear the fuel pumps priming or turning on with ecutek but the car doesnt have pressure its definitely a popped off line. I had that happen before i used the right hose because it would get soft in the tank and work its way loose

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, everything I thought was tightened....but not too tight. Walking back to the car now to see what I can see in tank. Thanks man, will text ya if I need it

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
from pump to radial bend up to the filters. Might have used the bigger sized hose by mistake. Be ripping it apart again this weekend sometime (gotta let the hand heal from being submerged in the gas tank) and refit the smaller hose onto it.

·
Lake Bum
2,747 Posts
If using Denso or another OEM style pump then use 5/16" hose off the pump outlet. Be sure to get clamp behind the flare on end of pump outlet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts