Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Hey neighboor lol i didnt try it yet im gone update my cobb this saturday first thing in the morning and im gone install it its just im not usef to this electronics sorry lol i was always a corvtte and viper driver and there wasnt that much of comouter technology:) but thank you all guys and i hoppe i do this right
Where in NJ are you?

I can give you a hand if you'd like

-John

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
I don't agree with below. The stock fpr regulates the fuel pressure and adding bigger pumps when not needed will not provide any more fuel as fuel pressure stays constant. Same fuel pressure with upgraded pumps will yield same amount of fuel to your engine. You will need larger injectors and stock pumps will support all the stock turbos can handle on pump gas (only need upgrade if running E85).
Hks provided extra fuel by raising the fuel pressure with fpr using stock pumps.
This isn't some new thing, we do this all the time on other cars.

Stock injectors & stock pumps vs stcok injectors & upgraded pumps = noticeable difference.

I also saw this AGAIN first had last week with two GTRs.

I'm not going to argue that pumps alone is the way to go, but for the person that doesn't want the expense of a custom map - this is most definatley the cheaper route.

-John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.