Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what was offered to me from a dealership here in San Diego. I was looking into a 36 month lease which is well within my budget and was wondering if these numbers, in this current market, were decent or far from it. If so I am assuming I should take it, if not what should I negotiate? Font Material property Pattern Number Parallel

Attachments

·
Registered
461 Posts
I agree, in this market, it seems a bit high. Why Lease?

I recommend exotic financing. My GTR payment is 540 a month. I double it though. It's cheaper than a lease and allows you to mod it.

If you don't want to mod and just enjoy the car for what it is a lease is fine.

Sent from my SM-G900V using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
137 Posts
I agree, in this market, it seems a bit high. Why Lease?

I recommend exotic financing. My GTR payment is 540 a month. I double it though. It's cheaper than a lease and allows you to mod it.

If you don't want to mod and just enjoy the car for what it is a lease is fine.

Sent from my SM-G900V using GT-R Life mobile app
Dang $540 month... must have put a huge amount down or trade? Months and interested rate?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yeah. I'm seriously interested in knowing more of the details myself. What was the purchase price, financed amount, interest rate, term?? There's no way you financed a $100k car for $540/mn. Used and financing around $40-$50k maybe.

Dang $540 month... must have put a huge amount down or trade? Months and interested rate?
Sent from my VS986 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
28 Posts
That seems like a very expensive approach. The market right now is such that you can grab a 2015 with around 10k miles for 75k. Even if your long term goal doesn't include ownership of a GTR, with the way things are at this exact moment, a lease doesn't really make sense to even those who are fans of leasing. If you were to finance an ultra low mile 2015 with 10k down at 3%, you'd be around $1,700 at 36 months. In the end you'd be sitting on a 50k asset that you're sure to fall in love with along the way.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is at kearny mesa mossy nissan 2016 premium model. White ext and amber interior.

What is exotic financing?! I'd love to know more about it!

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Monthly payment means nothing....a car payment could be $100 a month if you put enough down

They're charging 4.728% to borrow he money....that's a joke...the car is also very expensive....

Bottom line is you can get the car for cheaper and borrow the money cheaper....none of those are a good deal....

·
Premium Member
9,468 Posts
Monthly payment means nothing....a car payment could be $100 a month if you put enough down

They're charging 4.728% to borrow he money....that's a joke...the car is also very expensive....

Bottom line is you can get the car for cheaper and borrow the money cheaper....none of those are a good deal....
Im paying 7.24%..

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Also dont forget to make insurance part if that equation. ....l almost walk out cause of the insurance if it didnt fit into what was budgeted it wasnt going to happen.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I believe exotic financing is just for longer terms. Any updates on your situation? Personally, I dont think the 2016 is worth it when you could find a nearly new 2015 for 75k ish like R35FTW mentioned. Cars are identical and you wouldn't be stuck with those horrible 2016 wheels. Oh and I drive by KM Mossy Nissan everyday before work I believe they have 2 pre-owned units right now sitting out front. One blue one white.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the replies! I called my insurance and was told it would be around 250 to 400 every 6 months additional for the gtr (09 to 2016). Still within my budget. I saw the 2015 blue one at km nissan and was considering going in that direction. I really want a regal red gtr, but they seem to be hiding away here in sd. I'm really looking into going into the used gtr route. A lot of people have been telling me to stay away from the 09 and 2010 models due to their bad transmission. I really don't plan to race it so does it really matter?

·
Registered
3,894 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Honestly, there is nothing wrong with any of those years as long as the car was not previously abused. Getting a PPI done on any car you may be interested in buying is recommended. How far out are you willing to go for the purchase? That may help you find the Regal you prefer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts