Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Warrant Officer
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 Premium is at 13,800 miles. Lot of highway miles, never tracked or really even driven hard at all. The metallic stock pads have plenty of life left, I'm just sick of the squealing and excessive brake dust.

My question is, do I need rotors as well, or can I get away with just pads? There are no cracks anywhere on any of them.

Also, I've changed out pads many times on various vehicles, is the process any different with a GTR? Any special tools required?

·
Registered
695 Posts
you will not need rotors, my 09 had 45k on it when i did the rotors and there was still some life left, Pads are a easy swap on these cars

I am running RacingBrake ET500 pads and they squeal and dust a lot less and still work great for a street car, But everyone has has different pads they like

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
I just spent a few days reading on this exact topic.

Same situation as you, only 13k miles on the car but fuck am I tired pulling up at a red squealing like the car should be at a junkyard instead lmao.

These are the pads I was recommended for low dust/ zero noise.

http://www.gtrlife.c...nt/page__st__20
I personally have never liked hawk pads on any car i have ever used them on,

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Hawk HPS great if you don't stop above 120 mph regularly. Low cost, low dust and very easy on rotors. It fades easy on one stop above 130 mph so probably why so easy on rotors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts