Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may or may not know, I am the person behind this thread: http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?/topic/63375-post-your-dietaryworkout-routinedietary-supplementation-questions-in-here/

I was asked to devise a workout routine geared towards hypertrophy, more specifically sarcoplasmic hypertrophy within 10 mins in my Kinesiology course at my university.

My routine was voted best by peers and the professor. I liked it some much, I have since put a few fellow undergrads on it, and would like to get some volunteers from here to try it out.

It's not suited for beginners, so some lifting experience under your belt is recommended. Obviously, this workout routine is only one part of the equation, a decent diet is needed to elicit the most gains.

I will be in contact with people that decide to test it out, monitoring your progress, and answering any questions you may have.

Shoot me a pm with your email address; it's a word document.

Give it a go!

-Connor

·
Premium Member
9,468 Posts
ok got the work out.

since its every other day id say its more for the beginners then the ones that have more experience with lifting

some of the excercises could be a bit harder but could be exchanged a bit

·
I'm everywhere.
857 Posts
PM sent as well! Would be great to start a new workout routine to keep myself from plateauing again

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For those that have chosen to do the routine, you've signed an informal contract, stating that you will give this your all, in and out of the weight room. You should not expect to get the most out of this routine with a diet surrounded by junk food with no nutritional value. Do your best to eat, what you perceive to be better food choices. It would be in your best interest to keep protein at 1g per 1lb of body weight. The only exception would be if you have a very high bf%, if that is the case, contact me.

Be sure to keep in contact with me, whether it be through L4P or email. If you're unable to perform a certain motion or exercise, shoot me a message and we can troubleshoot.

I'll be going to the weight room today, followed by 15 other students on the same routine. Just know, when you're working out, you're on a team of about 50 other individuals.

It's time to straighten up, and achieve your ideal body. Summer is just around the corner.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Shoulder day today fellas!

My shoulders are one of my strongest points, so I always look forward to a good shoulder day.

Now, for Arnold press, there are a few different variations. I am referring to this one: Arnold Dumbbell Press Exercise Guide and Video

You will need to drop a considerable amount of weight when going from regular dumbbell press, to Arnold press. This is due to exhaustion from the prior exercise, and the fact that the Arnold press is a harder movement to perform.

Good luck!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good stuff bro- may I suggest some total body (core) exercises? Clean and Jerks, deadlifts, wood chops w/kettleballs?
Those are great, but they are not for the routine I made (besides deadlift). The routine is designed for pure hypertrophy, those exercises are great for sport, as they increase explosive strength.

Also, I left direct core work out, as people will choose to do what they want.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Had blood drawn earlier today for routine lab work. During concentration curls, blood squirted from my bicep. Had to stop there to prevent a bigger mess. Luckily I was in the comfort of my own home.

Overall very good workout, still have a massive pump as I type this.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.