Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of moving into my first house and now its time to start buying furniture and electronics.

I'm going to end up buying three tv's in total, but first up will be my tv room. I'm not really limited by size for this room, so I want to get a 65 inch tv. Plasma is my top choice right now because the motion blur on led and LCD tv's really bothers me. The two tv's I have been able to narrow it down to are the Samsung 8000 series plasma, or the Panasonic VT30.

For my family room and bedroom I can only fit a 46 inch tv. What led tv would you recomend that does not have too much motion blur?

Thanks for any help guys!

Tom

·
Registered
328 Posts
I love my Samsung 8000 series Very Smart and all , I preferred the LED ,not LCD or Plasma,check out the
Led I operate it with my iPad with the Samsung remote apps, easier and slicker then the remote that comes with it. Enjoy !

·
Premium Member
9,468 Posts
dont feel like making another thread..

just bought a tv wall mount stand... now will the drywall be able to hold the 46" tv?

some ppl say i need to find the 2x4's in the wall so i can put the screws in them..

has anyone dons this themselves?

·
Keep Calm Chive On
531 Posts
dont feel like making another thread..

just bought a tv wall mount stand... now will the drywall be able to hold the 46" tv?

some ppl say i need to find the 2x4's in the wall so i can put the screws in them..

has anyone dons this themselves?
Ya you gotta find the "studs" or 2x4's. If you just drill into the dry wall your tv will fall if not right away with in a day or two. You can buy a stud finder at you local hardware store for $20 or more. I just installed one in my room but yeah dont just drill into the dry wall

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im going to go to best buy tonight and try to get a better idea what I want.

Led seems to be the most popular now, but Im just worried about the refresh rate.

My grandparents have a pioneer elite plasma, which is still hands down my favorite tv.

·
10' Super SIlver
2,319 Posts
The samsung 8000 LED is pretty wicked borderless, and has a bad ass picture. For the best picture I would go with plasma but you would be surprised 480 Hz 3d from a LCD. If you are interested in 3d Panasonic is leading the way and is the only way to get Avatar 3d is if you buy a panasonic 3d starter kit. Not as good as the theatre but definately the best home 3d movie out right now.

·
Registered
63 Posts
TV in master bedroom is a Pioneer Plasma. Great tv but not sure if they still make them. Just had a 18 month old Sony take a dump a couple weeks ago. Being replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
The really thin bezels on some of the Sharps is very nice. Other brands are coming out with them too. There are some nice OLED TVs coming out later this year if you have a lot of money. 1mm bezel and just a few mm, yes millimeters, thick.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
You are correct the Tv's will be as thick as your I-phone
Actually there are some LCDs that thin now. I am talking thinner, like a piece of corrugated cardboard thin...then credit card thin not long after...

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
TV in master bedroom is a Pioneer Plasma. Great tv but not sure if they still make them. Just had a 18 month old Sony take a dump a couple weeks ago. Being replaced under warranty.
The best blacks ever made on a plasma!

When Pioneer packed up their plasma business, they sold the Kuro patents (black in japanese - the tech behind the sharp colours on the TV) alongwith the entire research team to Panasonic. I hear the newest range of Panasonic Plasmas (and some of the LCDs but not sure) come with the Kuro tech. Check those out.

The choice ultimately will be dependent on whether you want the TV for lifestyle purposes, or you want the best tech out there. The Pioneer plasmas were absolutely at the top of the scale tech wise as they allowed you to calibrate the tv to get precisely natural colours. I dont know if that's out in the Panny TVs yet.

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
I thought the samsungs were awesome cause I have them in my house, but I purchased tv's for the pizza shop, 7 of them and they were vizeo and damn do they look good! Just my opinion.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.