Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front tires need replacing real soon..
Currently on the OE Bridgestone Potenzas.. I'm done using Runflat tires, the ride is horrible..

Looking for your guys advice on good Regular tires, was really considering Toyo R888's they seem to be really popular here, any other alternatives? How would the Michelin PSS compare to the R888's in terms of tread life? I know the R888 should grip a lot better.

Haven't taken my GTR to a official Road course yet but i plan to as soon as i get my tires. Would probably only track 2-3 times a year at most.. and then a few 1/8,1/4 mile runs.

and also what would be the best place to get these for a good price?

·
R35
1,312 Posts
For street and a little track time the OEM Dunlop all season runflats will serve you well. I have almost 20k miles on mine and they still look great - I'll probably get 10k-20k more miles out of them.

·
MacWaxx
388 Posts
For street and a little track time the OEM Dunlop all season runflats will serve you well. I have almost 20k miles on mine and they still look great - I'll probably get 10k-20k more miles out of them.
Just curious if the runflat ride is any worse fot the all seasons as compared to the original Potenzas? (assume u didn't have AS from the get go)

·
R35
1,312 Posts
Just curious if the runflat ride is any worse fot the all seasons as compared to the original Potenzas? (assume u didn't have AS from the get go)
My car came with the cold weather option. Darker wheels (love em) and all season Dunlops (did not like the idea, but I love them now and will get them again.)
These tires last forever and I can't complain about dry handling. Wet handling is tremendous. I have no idea how they compare comfort-wise.

·
MacWaxx
388 Posts
Thx anyway, prob gonna try em when current ones give up. I'd love to try non RF's but hate the idea of being inconvienced.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Just an FYI, Dunlop AS are on back order. No telling when they will be in. Actually a lot of our OEM sized tires are out of stock. Unless that's changed in the past couple of weeks.

·
Registered
228 Posts
For DD or street, Michelin PSS is the best followed by Continental Extreme(not good for track, but just as good as Michelin street driving for a lot less). I would also say Nitto NT05 if you want to save some $$$(4 tires would probably run you $900-1000).

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For DD or street, Michelin PSS is the best followed by Continental Extreme(not good for track, but just as good as Michelin street driving for a lot less). I would also say Nitto NT05 if you want to save some $$$(4 tires would probably run you $900-1000).
Which would you say last longer? Grip more? Between Michelin PSS and NT05's? Would they do the job at a Road Course?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts