Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I was thinking the DBA rotors or the RB rotors, with those same pads. The Alcons were the most expensive iirc?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in the same boat. I was thinking the DBA rotors or the RB rotors, with those same pads. The Alcons were the most expensive iirc?
Not sure about that. I saw that in the speedforsale a front and rear package including DBA rotors and endless mx72 pads would be 1900-2000 USD. It seems quite cheap.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I wouldn't use MX72 pads with DBA 5000 slotted rotors. They don't work very well together. Both products are fantastic on their own, but together they tend to cause vibrations in braking.

·
Will trade patents for car parts
508 Posts
I wouldn't use MX72 pads with DBA 5000 slotted rotors. They don't work very well together. Both products are fantastic on their own, but together they tend to cause vibrations in braking.
I have heard this same thing.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Hit up tim @ kazian bought a whole package with hats for 2100 .....he will tell u your best options.

Sent from my SM-T217S using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hit up tim @ kazian bought a whole package with hats for 2100 .....he will tell u your best options.

I am Tim (formerly @ Kaizen). I am obviously very familiar with the DBA/MX72 setup so I wanted to chime in to see if I could help.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Hey tim,

Whats up how u been.... as you can see was very happy with your service and setup for my car ........ are you not there anymore

·
Registered
369 Posts
I've been great! I'm glad your enjoying your brakes, it really was a great choice. I'll be putting the same on my car when the time comes!

I am no longer at Kaizen, we parted ways a few weeks ago. Nothing bad, just no longer working there. I am just a regular GTR owner like everyone else now, but I'd be more than happy to help anyone out still if they have any questions or want to pick my brain

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Ah ok..... l figure something was up when l didnt see your email when k reachout ryan responded...... the brake were great but l dont have the car anymore upgraded to a 2013.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Okay so back on topic, what's the best setup? We have the Alcons, DBA, RB, AP J Hooks, Stoptech..... And then there are the pads

·
Warrant Officer
700 Posts
I've been great! I'm glad your enjoying your brakes, it really was a great choice. I'll be putting the same on my car when the time comes!

I am no longer at Kaizen, we parted ways a few weeks ago. Nothing bad, just no longer working there. I am just a regular GTR owner like everyone else now, but I'd be more than happy to help anyone out still if they have any questions or want to pick my brain
Tim, glad you are still around bud. Hope you don't mind, but I will be consulting with you in regards to brakes (and possibly tuning) when the time comes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ALCON is the way most of my clients go. Being from Socal, a lot of the guys here venture monthly to the local race tracks (willow springs, buttonwillow, Autoclub speedway, ETC) with much success. I've personally drove their GTR's around a few times and loved the response on them paired with the OEM brembo pads. Just our .02 cents. Good luck guys, and I do look forward to hearing from you guys with the decisions or parts you choose. I'm always curious to see how people respond to the other products on the market for these cars

·
Registered
697 Posts
I run the HD Alcons and MX72's. I absolutely love them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts