Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I resurrected an old thread a couple of weeks ago because OP had a similar issue, and haven't gotten any responses. There are bunch of similar threads but they all have had no resolution.

After a bout of violent wheel spin (ETS is shot) followed by an equally violent event of TC closing the throttle blades, the above codes popped up. I've tried an idle relearn over 20 times and it fails every time.

Biggest difference in the codes compared to other people is I also had code P0335 (crankshaft position circuit) pop up at the same time. I'm assuming it refuses to do an idle learn if the crankshaft position sensor has an issue. I'll be replacing the crank sensor shortly to see if it helps.

Another item of note, is the calculated torque (after codes have been cleared and car shutoff/restarted) is NEGATIVE at idle. that seems odd. With some revving it goes positive but quickly maxes out to the 1648 while the TCM/CEL lights light up.

I can only assume I bent a throttle blade during the event and thats throwing everything off. Any ideas? When I get time I will datalog the two throttle bodies at the same time (only one is currently setup to be logged).

Just don't want to drop this thing off at a shop since that will require an open checkbook to chase a ghost.

Thank you!

AMS 3.8, ETS turbo kit with GT3582R turbos, Flex Fuel.

·
GuiTaR
426 Posts
Can you visually confirm the throttle butterflies are ok or damaged?

Are all fuses in tact?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you visually confirm the throttle butterflies are ok or damaged?

Are all fuses in tact?
Thanks Mickwitchy, visually the butterflies look ok. I'm assuming even a slight hard to see bend could throw the values off side to side. I'm guessing there is a way to log both throttle body voltage so that's on the agenda.

Never thought of a fuse! This happened while driving after hosing down the engine bay.

That was over a month ago so yes everything should be dry by now, but I'll do a fuse check. This literally occurred directly after the violent tire spin and throttle closing so that's why I'm focusing on that.

Also, the dealer I bought it from told me to run with TC off for aggressive driving as the tune "abruptly closes the throttle with tire spin and traction control on."

·
GuiTaR
426 Posts
I would have thought if one butterfly was damaged so slightly that it is hard to tell from the naked eye, then they would still balance, it's just one would be compensating a little for the other to get them to be even.

The violent shutting of throttle is normal when excessive wheelspin occurs, since it's only the rears that spin. It's more the codes that it is throwing and the lack of ability to do an idle learn. This is assuming you're on MAF tune and not and SD tune, right?

If you clear the codes, do they come straight back on?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm on an SD tune! And yes they come right back with a blip of the throttle after they've been cleared. Sort of why I'm starting to wonder if the crank sensor is the root of the problem. It idles great, just like it did before, but anything over 2k rooms and it triggers the 3 codes and is in limp mode.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts