Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wanted to share this. I got my AV bypass installed today with a little help from the guys at Funktion Auto Group in VA (great service by the way and super nice guys). Testing to see what you can do with my AV input now sitting in my glove box, I hooked up my iphone to it using my apple AV able and was able to get Netflix on my MFD. You can stream it straight from your phone, or create a wifi hotspot on your phone and use another Netflix enabled device. Next I'm going to install a TV Tuner.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Hey guys, just wanted to share this. I got my AV bypass installed today with a little help from the guys at Funktion Auto Group in VA (great service by the way and super nice guys). Testing to see what you can do with my AV input now sitting in my glove box, I hooked up my iphone to it using my apple AV able and was able to get Netflix on my MFD. You can stream it straight from your phone, or create a wifi hotspot on your phone and use another Netflix enabled device. Next I'm going to install a TV Tuner.
You didn't hang around getting it installed and glad you are putting it to very good use.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Or is there a way to just hit the oem AUX button to switch to video mode for a more "flawless" look?
I have too many remotes in my GTR as is...
Regarding the remote; you can configure the parking brake to be permanently bypassed with the kit so that you only need to press the oem AUX button to get the video regardless of the position of the parking brake.

If you want to see the video while travelling at >5mph then you need the NAV(Speed sensor) bypass and you wouldn't want to make that permanent. But what you can do is pair that button on the remote to one of the homelink buttons on the rearview mirror and then no remote required...

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
interesting, I might hook an AppleTV up to it, let it tether to my iPhone 4S for internet....

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Cool....any chance you can shrink the size of your signature? That pic is HUGE for sig...

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Proud owner of a nice car !
Heck 60%+ of the image is just background... He could crop it and make it a lot smaller without affecting the size of his head...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks guys. With access to your aux-inputs the possibilities are endless with what you can do. TV Tuners, smartphones, set top boxes, anything . And with wifi hotspot 4G sharing in the states you'll get no slowdown. Wish they had 4G in Europe. If you know a little networking, you can stream your entire video library to your GTR using the right smartphone software and by opening your home router to let that stuff through. This is why I bought a GTR over an Audi or Porsche! But yeah I just used the kit supplied by bdl99 with the 3 colored cords accessible through my glove box. The setup wasn't that complicated but I took it to a professional anyway as I didn't want to break anything. I'll post more pictures from the glove box my iPhone cable when I get off work. The end result works good. bld99 how do I sync the remote to my homelink? Is it already in the GTR manual? Thanks again man.

Oh and how do I make my sig smaller? Couldn't figure out how to do that?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
But yeah I just used the kit supplied by bdl99 with the 3 colored cords accessible through my glove box. The setup wasn't that complicated but I took it to a professional anyway as I didn't want to break anything. I'll post more pictures from the glove box my iPhone cable when I get off work. The end result works good. bld99 how do I sync the remote to my homelink? Is it already in the GTR manual? Thanks again man.
It is in the GT-R manual somewhere, basically the same as pairing to a garage door opener but I have just emailed you a service bulletin that covers the process and is probably clearer than the manual.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Can you just get the bypass?
I can supply pretty much any variation because everything is manufactured in house. Do you already have the AUX AV input? And which year do you have?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I can supply pretty much any variation because everything is manufactured in house. Do you already have the AUX AV input? And which year do you have?
Yes, I've already installed the Aux/AV. I didn't go with other bypass kits because of the cutting and splicing. A friend of mine just installed you camera kit this past weekend and loves it. I just don't really have a use for camera. I have an 09

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.