Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I'm everywhere.
857 Posts
Hey everyone! My name is Chaz and I just took delivery of a brand new black 2012 Premium GT-R last Monday
I used to have a 370Z which I used heavily for track and autocross, but I sold that back in the beginning of June. Since then, I've just been driving around my X5 Diesel and C63 AMG.

However, one morning about a month ago, my good buddy mr. jerrym shows up at my doorstep with his newly purchased GTR. After giving it a test drive, I was sold. I had to have one. I called Fontana Nissan first thing since I've always enjoyed dealing with them, but they sadly did not have any available besides a Silver B/E coming in which I wasn't interested in.

Since I bought my old 370Z from West Covina, I gave them a try since they are owned by the same owners of Glendale Nissan and Universal Nissan. Spoke with the Asian Fleet Manager there, and she saw there was a black premium available at Universal. 30 minutes later, I was filling out paperwork while the car was being picked up and shipped over to West Covina. An hour later, the car arrived, had a quick wash, and I took my new baby back home

I have to say, this car is definitely UNREAL in terms of performance, even compared to previous MYs. Definitely loving this car and I can't wait to take her out to the track for Industry Track Day next month!

Hope to meet some fellow members in the area soon!

·
I'm everywhere.
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, daily is still the X5 since the diesel gets the best gas mileage (avg 24+ mpg) and have to carry a lot of samples and equipment into work everyday
GTR currently comes out to play during the weekend (Friday-Sunday)

·
I'm everywhere.
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did universal nissan get you for 30k over MSRP?
Nope, one of the good things about having the car brought over to West Covina was that they didn't ask for such a ridiculously high premium. I did have to pay over MSRP though. Was 7K but they gave me 1K back for being a "loyalty" customer, so 6K over.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
daaaang! That's still a ridiculous markup, but as long as you enjoy the car.

Congrats!

Nope, one of the good things about having the car brought over to West Covina was that they didn't ask for such a ridiculously high premium. I did have to pay over MSRP though. Was 7K but they gave me 1K back for being a "loyalty" customer, so 6K over.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Looks great, enjoy! What mods are you planning?

·
I'm everywhere.
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Just simple things for now, mainly suspension since I plan on tracking the car. Already put on the TiTek race exhaust and midpipe, now debating on what wheels, coilovers and sways to run. Will be doing an intake and downpipes soon as well.

Thanks! Yup that's me
nice! post up some video clips!

since you plan on tracking the car as well, are you going to do any cooling mods?

·
I'm everywhere.
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nice! post up some video clips!

since you plan on tracking the car as well, are you going to do any cooling mods?
I'll shoot some vids this weekend and post up afterward!

Ah yes, cooling mods. Definitely plan on adding an oil cooler first, then possibly a tranny cooler and upgraded intercoolers if necessary. I haven't really read much info on what is prone to overheating on the GT-R yet, so can't say anything is for sure yet.

·
I'm everywhere.
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice clear day out, so shot some quick photos of the car as it sits now after tint, some 15/20mm spacers, and the TiTek Race Exhaust + (temporary) MXP Mid Pipe

·
I'm everywhere.
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tint was done by California Tint in Rosemead. Peter always takes good care of my cars
23% all around and 70% on the front windshield just to cut out some extra heat

1 - 20 of 20 Posts