Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys...

Just picked up my new 2013 GTR. Drove it all days yesterday and I love the car. I've had lots of sports cars and by far this one is the most fun. I want to keep it somewhat stock, however thinking of picking up a Cobb 2.75 intake and new Switzer SS full exhaust (without a tune). I am reluctant to get it tuned just yet, but am thinking I will down the road (perhaps next year). Thoughts on this?

Thanks.

·
Vendor
3,045 Posts
Very very nice car.

I personally wouldn't do the intakes unless you are going to have the car tuned. You will literally get nothing from them except a chance for it throwing off the factory tune.

The exhaust if you aren't going to tune the car is all about sound and quality. Just pick the one you like the most and seems to be the highest quality and you are good to go. Neither of those mods will give you any power without a tune.

Personally if I were you I would just change out the y-pipe on the car which would me much cheaper and honestly give you more sound than the rear section.

Hope this helps, and beautiful car!!

~Cicio

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Personally if I were you I would just change out the y-pipe on the car which would me much cheaper and honestly give you more sound than the rear section.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This x 10,000.

Biggest bang for the buck on any GT-R. Period. Easily reversible, and the sound change is worth it.

Shawn

·
Seems Legit
2,476 Posts
Congrats! IMO black is the best looking color for the R35

·
ACG Automotive
2,588 Posts
Beautiful!

·
Registered
140 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This x 10,000.

Biggest bang for the buck on any GT-R. Period. Easily reversible, and the sound change is worth it.

Shawn
Do you think a midpipe is a bigger bang for the buck than a Cobb and custom tune?

·
Founder/Admin
26,234 Posts
id go midpipe first and see if your content then tune if your not... the midpipe doesnt have warranty ramifications and it adds power and sound/tone... the tune is gonna add more power than the pipe but possibly puts you in a gray area warranty wise and gives no added sound

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Warranty warranty warranty....that is unless you dont care much for it, if not mod ahead

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the feedback, guys! I swore I would never have another black car BUT I made an exception when I saw this car.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just put AAM 2.75 intakes and a midpipe and it feels a lot faster! and sounds alot better
This is what I was thinking based on feedback... no tune, but opening it up a bit. Are you glad you did it this way?

·
Registered
8 Posts
VERY HOT! I just had an Akrapovic Exhaust installed on my 2012 and the sound is unlike any other exhaust ive ever heard! Recommend that as an option as well!

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Nice !

I would start off with a mid pipe and drop-in air filters. Going Non-resonated will make the car sounds awesome right now. If you ever replace the rear section you might find the car is too loud.

We normally end up putting a resonated mid pipes back on cars when the entire exhaust is done.

Then when your ready for a Protune I would suggest the GotBoostPerformance 3inch intakes

Good luck !

1 - 20 of 23 Posts