Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello community,

So happy to be a part of this community now that I've purchased my dream car, which happens to be a 2014 track edition in white with last 8 of the vin being EM110004. I reached out to verify with Nissan USA that this was the 4th track edition ever made. Low and behold I get an answer from them stating that this was the very first 2014 GT-R off the Tochigi assembly line. They could not comment on the discrepancy, but in my opinion it would be due to hand craftsmanship in the assembly line, the specialized vin may be different within margins from actual off the line assembly. Any comments I would love to hear.

Attachments

·
Founder/Admin
26,479 Posts
welcome to the forum and congrats on your dream car. its a rare one for sure.

so the track edtions as you know had their own VIN ranges which was a really cool feature. to my knowledge there are just under 160 of them and there were 2 0001 VINs one was a black car that was a nissan media car then a true procution car that also had a 0001 VIN EM110001 that was a blue car that was sold to customer.

pretty sure yours is #4 production as im not sure what happened to the preproduction black track car nissan had at auto shows

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nissan USA stated that mine "just happen to be" the first production 2014 GTR for the US market. I'm still waiting on the official write up. They made them in sets of 4 due to the 4 engine builders, perhaps this one was just the first to be fully assembled as ND certified. I will post the letter of authenticity once it is received.

·
Registered
10,192 Posts
Beautiful car and congrats. Not many TE around these days.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Look under the seats for lug nuts.
I found 2 new acorn nuts under my passenger seat that must have gotten throw under the seat during the factory track laps.
The test driver must have lost them..Lol
My 1 owner car came with 18 miles on it new.

This could apply to all GT-Rs.

·
Founder/Admin
26,479 Posts
18 is about right. I think my car has the all time record for test track miles. they did 70miles on mine as quality control for the NISMO line

·
Registered
650 Posts
Wow!!
70 miles!...You know the test drivers were having fun!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
70 miles is nothing and its done by test drivers/engineers...I rather have Nissan find the issue/s before shipping...jmho

·
Founder/Admin
26,479 Posts
Yeah didn't bother me at all. They even installed the titanium exhaust after the test miles were completed so it wouldn't look burnt in

1 - 11 of 11 Posts