Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's nice. I feel it is what the Panamera should have been more like. It is not as ugly.
I totally agree! I had the panamera s when it first came out and it looked like someone crushed a cayenne! And my suspension went out on one side. So I probally just really disliked it from that.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I've never been a fan of Audi (underpowered, problem plagued, overpriced, look too much like VW's)- this thing looks decent thou.
Same here. I've always found them boring, rather go with MB or BMW.

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
looks cool, except for the rear. BUT, it's an Audi, it'll be underpowered for sure.
I don't know that being an Audi means that it will be underpowered. The RS4 was not compared to the M3 (direct competitor), The TT Rs version certainly was not, and I don't think that the R8 v10 is underpowered. Audi has some compelling engine platforms at their disposal and seems that this could be another example of them producing quite a powerful car, for what it is.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I don't know that being an Audi means that it will be underpowered. The RS4 was not compared to the M3 (direct competitor), The TT Rs version certainly was not, and I don't think that the R8 v10 is underpowered. Audi has some compelling engine platforms at their disposal and seems that this could be another example of them producing quite a powerful car, for what it is.
I don't view the RS5 as a direct competitor to the M3. They say it is, but how much more is it? What about the power compared to a C63? It's just not worth the price.

The TT-RS is a limited production car that they botched for the US by not giving it DCT.

The R8 is a beautiful car, I'll give you that, but the V10 for what it is and what it costs is underpowered, but not as underpowered like the V8.

I really haven't been impressed by the performance to price ratio of any of Audi's offerings.

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
I don't view the RS5 as a direct competitor to the M3. They say it is, but how much more is it? What about the power compared to a C63? It's just not worth the price.

The TT-RS is a limited production car that they botched for the US by not giving it DCT.

The R8 is a beautiful car, I'll give you that, but the V10 for what it is and what it costs is underpowered, but not as underpowered like the V8.

I really haven't been impressed by the performance to price ratio of any of Audi's offerings.
I for sure see your point (particularly on the r8 v8). On the RS4, however, I do think it is comparable to the M3. Check the specs:
http://www.motortren...on/viewall.html

Price, power and performance are all in-line (perhaps not on a road course).

In response to Murtaza, I would argue that MB, outside of the AMG line, is the very definition of boring in terms of handling, styling and performance.

OK, enough sticking up for Audi -- have never owned one and am starting to sound like a fanboy.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Price/Performance, the Audi's are always underpowered. The price of a new RS4 was much higher (due to exclusivity) than an M3 or a C63 and it was still underpowered. The R8 is a beautiful car, but it's crazy overpriced- the NSX will be a much better buy and a much better car w/the same types of looks. The S4's, S5's look like nothing special- they look like an A4 or an A5 and don't even deserve a second look. The exhaust notes aren't there, the transmissions are iffy, and they just scream "yuppie" to me. No thanks.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Price/Performance, the Audi's are always underpowered. The price of a new RS4 was much higher than an M3 or a C63 and it was still underpowered. The R8 is a beautiful car, but it's crazy overpriced- the NSX will be a much better buy and a much better car w/the same types of looks. The S4's, S5's look like nothing special- they look like an A4 or an A5 and don't even deserve a second look. The exhaust notes aren't there, the transmissions are iffy, and they just scream "yuppie" to me. No thanks.
Agreed.

The A5/S5 already look far dated to me. They were cool the first year they came out, but now they look old.

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
Love Audi's, specially the RS models. Yes, they are slower than MB's and BMWs but Audi always wins when it comes to design and quality. Its made for people who appreciate attention to detail. MB and BMW are getting there in this department, but still not as close. When it comes to out of the box performance/handling, i would go for a //M bimmer.

The A7/S7 looks great, but the RS7 is the one to wait for. But all in all, imo the best DD Audi offers now is the 2013 RS4 Avant that you guys in the US wont get!

Not meant to hijack.....To me, at my age, this will be the perfect DD and i am considering one big time.

·
Vendor
4,614 Posts
And to your point, I believe the S4 compares more to a 335 than an M3. Given that, it is really a matter of preference over pure performance.
Absolutely agree. If I want to kick ass I drive the GTR. I love the Audis interior.....nice power and torque, and they handle great......just a nice all around package but not ultimate performance.

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Love Audi's, specially the RS models. Yes, they are slower than MB's and BMWs but Audi always wins when it comes to design and quality. Its made for people who appreciate attention to detail. MB and BMW are getting there in this department, but still not as close. When it comes to out of the box performance/handling, i would go for a //M bimmer.

The A7/S7 looks great, but the RS7 is the one to wait for. But all in all, imo the best DD Audi offers now is the 2013 RS4 Avant that you guys in the US wont get!

Not meant to hijack.....To me, at my age, this will be the perfect DD and i am considering one big time.

You just had to rub that in? Huh? We don't get any cool stuff here! Like the m5 estate/wagon! You guys suck!! Lmao! I hope when you get your new rs4 avant , your rs4 badges fall off! And you better post some pics!

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
^^ I guess I must be a yuppy because I love my S4 as a DD.
Yes that makes you a yuppy! Lol. I'm an ex-yuppy cause I sold mine! But I agree Audi definatly does there interior nice! All carbon fiber in the sport models instead of that hideous wood grain bmw/mb do!

Looks like my tables at my shop!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.