·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
just like alot of wheels, they look great in the promo pics but all kinds of wrong actually on the car

i do chuckle at how bbs a german company, outsource their forged wheels to the japanese to manufacturer

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
Wow, light! 19.4 and 20.1 lbs. Looking forward to seeing them on a GT-R.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
They look like the adv.1 5.01 wheels. I like them, but I need to see some pics on a gtr

·
Registered
857 Posts
I don't think they have flush/aggressive GTR offset, just like the BBS LMs. But I do hope that I'm wrong...

I think they'll look good! Strong+light... clean looking. What else can you ask for? Now... down to the price. It's 220k yen/wheel I think...

·
Vendor
5,237 Posts
We were approached by BBS regarding this wheel about a month or two ago. They're interested in pushing some special fitments for GT-R if enough people are interested.

It's not about outsourcing; BBS has two separate locations, just like Recaro does. BBS Europe in Germany and BBS Japan. BBS Japan is responsible for their own designs and development; again, much like Recaro Japan is for their design and development.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
these are awesome rims. if the price is right, I wouldn't mind having them.

to all those that say that they look terrible on a GT-R, let's see them in real life on one first (with a drop). I haven't seen many aftermarket wheels that look good on a GT-R, so you never can tell...

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
Now... down to the price. It's 220k yen/wheel I think...
$2,835 per wheel? I doubt it. That would make these the most expensive BBS wheel by a ton and they are not even 3-piece.

·
Registered
857 Posts
$2,835 per wheel? I doubt it. That would make these the most expensive BBS wheel by a ton and they are not even 3-piece.
The ferrari spec ones, BBS-FI, is roughly 10k retail.

I would hope it's 3k for all for wheels, and forged. I would be the first on the list, and I'll have professional photoshoot done to promote the product.

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
We were approached by BBS regarding this wheel about a month or two ago. They're interested in pushing some special fitments for GT-R if enough people are interested.

It's not about outsourcing; BBS has two separate locations, just like Recaro does. BBS Europe in Germany and BBS Japan. BBS Japan is responsible for their own designs and development; again, much like Recaro Japan is for their design and development.
I had exchanged a couple of e-mails with Ben regarding these wheels. Let me know if you have enough interest as i'm willing to get a set of these wheels for my gt-r. I can also organize a photoshoot after intalling the wheels to show people how they look on the car.

A friend of mine has implemented these wheels on my car's picture and they looked really awesome. I'll see if he still has that photoshop pic to share here.

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
by the way regarding the price, it is expensive due to the grade of material used in them. they have the duralumin techlonogy used which lets them produce the wheels much lighter than counter types while maintaining the strength and rigidity. The FI series for Ferrari, Porsche etc. applications were made of Magnesium as far as i know and that serie might be discontinued by now.

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
Let's just hope the US pricing is not a literal translation. I don't think that is usually how pricing is set.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My guess $1500 each. Maybe they will have a set on a GTR next month at the TAS!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts