Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Best just ran my new personal best @OSW with my 2013 FBO GTR!

Stock turbos FBO with stock 20inch rims on NT05Rs

Pulled insane 1.44 (60 ft) scared the shit out of myself but probably set some kind of record. What's the record on 20in rims stock turbo FBO?

I was hoping with that bad ass 60ft to run close to 9.999 but since even this 60ft didn't get me there, I don't think I have a chance unless we can play with tune and logs to figure out something else. But happy for new best and especially happy with 1.44 60ft.

Here is a video:
Here is slip

·
Registered
10,277 Posts
Congrats, anything 1.5 and under produces that roller coaster sinking stomach feeling which is more addictive than the rest of the 10 seconds.

Not sure about 20" record, but definitely not common. Don't think I've heard of it before.

You have some left in it as you should be able to pull another 2mph into it.

Give it a shot, as a 9.90 on 20's will be a record for sure.

·
Registered
10,277 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How do you like those tires for street driving?

Sent from my SM-G925T using GT-R Life mobile app
I like them a lot.

They hook awesome obviously when track is prepped and are stable in the rain but I guess as they wear out it becomes more dangerous.

I drove in the rain yesterday and was doing 70-75mph most of my way home but with caution. In heavier rain I went 50-60 just to be on cautious side.

Solid tire.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Very nice! What exactly did you include in the FBO category? What rpm launch?
Launch @3600 rpms - supposedly my tuner Alpha has BOTL maps (0-3psi), and I was on 3psi launch map.
(Race, Confort, off)

I was shocked that I pulled 1.44 especially on 20inch rims and stock clutches and trany, but one previous run I tried 3900 rpm launch and I spun, so 3600 seems to work best for me.

FBO - typical stuff - meistershaft mid and exhaust, down pipes, speed density, intake, Titan Motorsports street intercooler, flex fuel kit e85, ASNU 330l e85 fuel pumps, Bosch 1050 injectors,

That's about all I can remember. But I am thinking if I didn't hit 9.999 with that 60ft, it ain't happening unless my tuner has something else in his sleeve to try but I think currently car is set up perfectly and maxed out. We will review logs and see but only option I see is to do some weight reduction (lighter battery, passenger seat out, etc) and see if thy works.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hell yea that's awesome!!! Congrats!!! I'm running the same tires as you and best I could cut was a 1.47. Do you mind stating your exact mods? I know you said fbo but I'm curious as to what brands and such

·
Registered
128 Posts
Good grief thats fast!

I am FBO on 93...debating the switch to E85 with a flex fuel kit. Are your tranny and clutches liking the torque hit from E85? I stayed 93 to keep my transmission happy but it is inevitable that I will want more lol.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good grief thats fast!

I am FBO on 93...debating the switch to E85 with a flex fuel kit. Are your tranny and clutches liking the torque hit from E85? I stayed 93 to keep my transmission happy but it is inevitable that I will want more lol.
E85 is the way to go. So much more power/tq that I hate putting 93 in but from time to time I do when I have to but majority of time I m on E85. I believe tranny will be happy as long as your torque is managed during tune.

Well I ll tell you, at the track, I do have to bump my clutch capacity to 7,7 when racing back to back and otherwise when I hook good on my launch, clutches tend to slip and I would hit 2-3 shift rev limiter. Only way to prevent that I just bump CC up at the track and then drop it back after I m done racing.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.