Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
That's good for a 91 octane tune. I typically see 480whp on the Mustang Dyno with just a midpipe and tune on 91, so this is pretty inline (considering varying conditions).

I basically have the same setup on crappy California 91. Do you happen to have a log?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'll try and get some data logging tomorrow at the strip. The day we tuned was 90 degrees very humid. I'm in SoCal too.

That's good for a 91 octane tune. I typically see 480whp on the Mustang Dyno with just a midpipe and tune on 91, so this is pretty inline (considering varying conditions).

I basically have the same setup on crappy California 91. Do you happen to have a log?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Big difference in driveability. Lots more torque down low. Sorry I don't have a baseline but it made 485whp at 14psi boost before we tuned it. This is straight 91 octane tune.

Sorry couldn't say about mustang vs dynojet.
Let me know if you get the clutch overheat signal from the excess torque. I got that warning pretty frequently while accelerating on the bumpy freeways and found out the race tune on my car was at 600ft/lbs of torque causing the wheel to spin like mad.

So I took off the tune and put on the V2 cobb tune instead.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I'm around 520 lbs of torque to the wheels on 91 octane. No clutch overheat yet.

Let me know if you get the clutch overheat signal from the excess torque. I got that warning pretty frequently while accelerating on the bumpy freeways and found out the race tune on my car was at 600ft/lbs of torque causing the wheel to spin like mad.

So I took off the tune and put on the V2 cobb tune instead.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.