Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that Pentosin will release a new DCT-Fluid called FFL Racing. The rumor is they worked with Nissan tuning company in Germany with a 800hp plus GT-R. The DCT-Fluid was customized just for the GT-R, with excelllent friction plate, gears and synchronizer performance. The fluid is suppose to reduce operating temperature of the transmission, and noise issue (with the genuine oil) is eliminated.

·
JDM R35 Premium
2,033 Posts
Looking forward to hearing more from this.

·
Registered
7,515 Posts
If it's as inexpensive as the regular Pentosin fluid, this will be my future replacement fluid!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Anyone know where to get this or maybe the 20l jug? I cannot find anyone who sells the 20l

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I investigated further, as Pentosin finalized the development in November 2012, and planning to release in January 2013. I will see if I can obtain unofficial data. Stay tuned!

·
I see bad people
121 Posts
Anyone know where to get this or maybe the 20l jug? I cannot find anyone who sells the 20l
Ecstuning.com has 20L of ffl4 for special order. I havent actually ordered it from them but its $388 plus shipping (~$29) and about a 4 week lead time. Ill find the product number when i get to the house and off the tablet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK, here some more information.
The Genuine Nissan DCT-fluid has a FZG A10/16.6R/90 level (a test bench to determine how much stress the gears can take) of 8 (failure stage).
The Pentosin FFL-Racing has a FZG A10/16.6R/90 level of 9. Thus, higher gear protection.
The viscosity at the higher range (100 degree C) is about the same.
The viscosity at the lower temperature (-40 degree C), Nissan DCT-F at 7550 mPa*s, and FFL-Racing at 6400 mPa*s. This is amazing, having a higher stage FZG with superior lower temperature viscosity is not easy.
Pentosin seems to be planning to launch the 20 liter pails first.
I also obtained information on the clutch shudder, as the Nissan DCT-F does have a shudder issue (maybe thats why the your hear noise from the transmission), and the FFL-Racing will cure the noise as well (no shudder).
Will try to find out the launch date.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Will this void warranty? Different color than stock fluid?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Very interesting!

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
OK, here some more information.
The Genuine Nissan DCT-fluid has a FZG A10/16.6R/90 level (a test bench to determine how much stress the gears can take) of 8 (failure stage).
The Pentosin FFL-Racing has a FZG A10/16.6R/90 level of 9. Thus, higher gear protection.
The viscosity at the higher range (100 degree C) is about the same.
The viscosity at the lower temperature (-40 degree C), Nissan DCT-F at 7550 mPa*s, and FFL-Racing at 6400 mPa*s. This is amazing, having a higher stage FZG with superior lower temperature viscosity is not easy.
Pentosin seems to be planning to launch the 20 liter pails first.
I also obtained information on the clutch shudder, as the Nissan DCT-F does have a shudder issue (maybe thats why the your hear noise from the transmission), and the FFL-Racing will cure the noise as well (no shudder).
Will try to find out the launch date.
Any idea what the characteristics of the current FFL-4's characteristics are to compare to the new FFL-Racing? That would be interesting as many people are running FFL-4 since the GT-R was released.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Since this fluid probably appears to have had the GT-R in mind I seriously doubt it will be close to the $18-$20 per liter many of us paid for the FFL4 in 20L jugs... One can hope though...

·
Registered
460 Posts
I run FFL4 and can't notice much difference, may be slightly smoother on gear changes. Tbh, I think regular clutch learns are a good idea for smooth running over oil choice, especially after a track session. Also make sure the tranny oil is up to normal operating temp before you do a learn.

·
JDM R35 Premium
2,033 Posts
Warranty cannot be denied by the dealer as this fluid or any other aftermarket brand fluid exceeds their requirements.

Anyone who got denied look for a decent dealer who can deal with you.

Looking forward to the price per Litre.

1 - 20 of 243 Posts