Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, im about to go from stock DP to some new ones but there are to many in the market and the prices starts from 500 to 1500+ $
so my question is: for example whats the difference between Rexpeed DP (that are the cheapest i could find on web 500$) and some others that are much more

I have milltek 76mm non res MP, aam air intake, asnu 1050cc, phase 5 by linney,

From your infos can you tell me what should i know before ordering new DP with the mods i have and what you suggest me

ps: sorry for my english but i think you will get the point of my questions

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
the build quality on the AMS downpipes are the best. You will be guaranteed proper fitment and longevity. They cost a lot, but they are worth it. If you plan on going cheaper, make sure to get cast bellmouth, they fit better, tend not to crack as easily and you won't have exhaust leaks.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Lots of people have SBD. AMS is going to be the best and have cast ends. But very expensive. Cobb, Undercover racing have some. I found out the SBD have pretty thick steel. .061" I think. While AMS was around .046". Don't quote me as I'm on my phone. Will look that info up and edit if it's inaccurate. I'm sure there are other threads covering this topic

·
Registered
1,047 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I've installed just about all the brands made. SBD new down pipes are as good as any of them even the AMS. Save your money and go with the SBD ones!

Sent from my iPhone using GT-R Life mobile app

·
7.9 @ 175mph (Gen 3 SBD1400R)
8,564 Posts
Take a close look at the cast DPs Rexpeed sells for $500 shipped. There are vendors here that sell the same exact part that has been re-branded to them (but costs more). I have the Rexpeed DPs and it's flawless. Made over 800whp on them.
I'll be happy to match any offer Rexpeed provides ;)

Just keep in mind, SBD uses Stainless Steel Flanges in our production runs. Rexpeed, last I checked, still used a mild coated steel.

Edit: I ran quick quote and it looks like they are charging $590 shipped, shipping from their office in Taiwan to the USA. Once you factor US Customs & Duties, you're probably breaking even at our $600 price point.

Plus, we stock our products for SAME DAY shipping on all orders placed before 3 PM CST. We can reach anywhere in the country in 3 days via Fedex Ground, as we are centrally located.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Speed for sale has the best sounding dps.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
ams is definitely number one but with the gtr tax. if you want cast check out titek. if you dont care for cast then there are options for days
Cobb has cast as well don't they? Not sure who else does

·
gta88ws6
832 Posts
Get with Felix at Kline if you want something exotic like Ti or Inconnel dp....

Sent from my HTC6535LVW

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.