Nissan GT-R Forum banner

New From Vegas

6K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  rlbaker6 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Hood
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light White
Hi all, I am new to the site and new to GTR ownership. I purchased it last month but was waiting until my little modifications were done until I posted. I have to say I love the car and it is really just ridiculous. I don't think a 500 word summary could sum up owning one, more than the word "ridiculous". The other day I even pulled up next to my childhood dream car. A Lamborghini Diablo VT roadster and ended up racing him from 2 separate stop signs. Needless to say I beat him, without launch! It was great, it was like a basketball fanatic finally playing Jordan one on one and winning! I also got a speeding ticket 42 hours after picking up the car. Is that a record? Another cool anecdote for you. I live in Vegas so there are a ton of Nice cars in the valet at hotels. Of course we all know it's a total boxer dropper as the valets fight over who will park it. But when I came to pick it up after seeing a show they had it right out front. I had a crowd around it and some taking pics. The funny thing about the story. Next to me on the left, a Maybach , my right a Bently GT and one over from there a Gallardo.No one even looking at the other cars, and people were almost sitting on the Maybach to take a pic of the GTR... was hilarious. What I have found is that with those other cars you get looks because they know you have money. With the GTR you get looks because they know you have taste. The slight Mods I made were:Ceramic TintClear Front Side MarkersDash Mount Passport Qi45 (worth it's weight in gold, no tickets since) pic below. Removed Rear BadgingPassword Exhaust. About the Exhaust. The only thing I felt was missing from the car from day one was the sound. How can I be flying by these supercars and be making no sound. It's akin to a fighter jet flying by making the sound of a prop plane, it was just out of place. I mean it's called Godzilla but sounds like Godzilla's pet gold fish. So I searched long and hard and found this exhaust. Maybe I am biased but it is the best exhaust I have ever heard on any street car, and have been told this by almost everyone who has heard it. I didn't want a UPS truck I wanted an F1 car, and this was it. Glad to be an owner and a member.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome. If you don't mind, could you tell me how much to register your GT-R in NV ? I plan to move to Las Vegas in the near future and know NV has one of the highest registration fees in the Country. Thanks.

#8 ·
Yea, its about 1300 depending on what year..

welcome to vegas, i live in the summerlin area.. its nice and quiet.. you really don't feel like you live in 'VEGAS'..

#10 ·
I have another purchase question. Are you charged sales tax on the entire cost of the car? Or only on the difference between total cost and value of your trade-in?

#14 ·
About the Exhaust. The only thing I felt was missing from the car from day one was the sound. How can I be flying by these supercars and be making no sound. It's akin to a fighter jet flying by making the sound of a prop plane, it was just out of place. I mean it's called Godzilla but sounds like Godzilla's pet gold fish. So I searched long and hard and found this exhaust. Maybe I am biased but it is the best exhaust I have ever heard on any street car, and have been told this by almost everyone who has heard it. I didn't want a UPS truck I wanted an F1 car, and this was it.
I feel the same way. I have been told by a few that the exhaust sounds really great, but I just find it a little to quite. I don't live to far from you and love to hear your exhaust in person. I am over by Rainbow/Warm Springs

#15 ·
Yes welcome as well to the forum...

My winter get away home is in Las Vegas Summerlin. It is a very nice community for sure and so far have not had any issues.

#16 ·
Which Zip in Summerlin are you ? I am looking to buy in 89138. How is that area ?

#18 ·
I have a cousin out in Southern Highlands at the Foothills, when I visted a few years ago it was very nice. I have 2 little girls so I am targeting zip code 89138 for the good schools in that area. The public Schools in Southern Highlands are so so. I will be putting my house up on the market here in NY and then start looking for a short sale which could take several months to go through. I was thinking the Paseos devlopment would be a good start. Any suggestions in that area good for a young family please let me know. Thanks.

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
Looking for around 3500 SF 4 BR, 3BR, pool, 2 car garage ( of course ) and .15-.25 acre post 1990's year constuction. Target final sale price 300k in zip 89138. I know Clark County is one big school district, and I need top schools in the district and 89138 has the schools to meet that requirement. I do not want to go the private school route if I do not have too. My cousin in southern Highland sends his kid to Southern Highlands prep, but it is 10K year, the schools there (Frias and tarkkington are no good ). One thing about long Island is the public schools are out here a very good, but you pay for that in property taxes. I would also consider the Vistas along with Paseos. Am I missing any other options in the are ? Any input would help.

#21 ·
I can point you to some nice houses around 300k in that area but I can't say they are the same zip. 89138 is showing Alta/vista run for crossing street. If you go North/east from there Far hills/Lauelglen,sageberry area, nice houses there. Some houses there have 3 car garage. If you go south of alta/vista run, you'll run into red rock ranch. There is a west and an east gate. The west side will be higher in price, but the east gate, you might be able to get around 300K. If you go a little more south from there. There are a few nice houses there too. Do go go pass Tropicana, anything after that you might get into something with a small yard. I just don't know where the zip code is going to fall under and which school you'll end up going to.

#25 ·
Congrats on a great buy, amazing exhaust sound. Enjoy!

#27 ·
Sorry late to this thred.
Another area you might want to check out is 89052. This is in Henderson, refered to as SevenHills and there is also DellWeb country club. One of the more upscale areas in the Vegas area and I beleave the highest rated schools in the valley (both my kids go to Coronodo high). I have a red 2012 GT-R and live in this zip, been here for 13yr's moved from Cali.

Good luck with your search.

#28 ·
Welcome and hope to see your car around town

Seems like more and more GTRs popping up in Vegas, we might need to organize a meet one day soon

#29 ·
Yes getting all together would be good. I have had the car for a year already but tend to stay off the forms. I do electrical engineering for an aftermarket performance company so I have to watch what I say.. Still stock but going to do light mods soon, not going to turn this car into a monster like my others. Maybe do about what looks like you have done to yours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.