Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
GoldMember
1,086 Posts
Are these both LC4 cars?

Maybe 2012 had shitty/cold tires or maybe had driven through the water box?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
both LC4, maybe LC5 in the 2013? , it hooked... I was driving the 2012, track wasn't prepped well.... spun to 50+ MPH....

·
GoldMember
1,086 Posts
We should let SkYLINER analyze the video and tell you everything that went wrong (other than you don't have a Switzer car). LOL

Pick the other lane next time!

·
GoldMember
1,086 Posts
LMFAO................ I was wondering how long it would take for you to chime in.

Under one minute......................damn!

·
Founder/Admin
26,473 Posts
How about both of them being stock?
they seemed very even to me i ran the 2013 2 runs then 7 different stock 2012's mutiple runs (1 black edition 5 premiums) running them back to back to back.... but there was alot of spinning off the line that day among all of them so who knows.. i ran RCR in all the cars per the japanese engineer's instructions....the 2013 maybe spun a bit less but that could have been the lane or tire condition variances. a couple of the 12's hooked up nicely but a few of them on runs i had VDC kick in due to spin...

the launch itself felt identical between the 2012 and 13 models... if you just stuck me in one and i launched it i couldnt tell you what year i was in

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
they seemed very even to me i ran the 2013 2 runs then 7 different stock 2012's mutiple runs (1 black edition 5 premiums) running them back to back to back.... but there was alot of spinning off the line that day among all of them so who knows.. i ran RCR in all the cars per the japanese engineer's instructions....the 2013 maybe spun a bit less but that could have been the lane or tire condition variances. a couple of the 12's hooked up nicely but a few runs i had VDC kick in due to spin...

the launch felt identical between the 2 models
I guess it will take a roll-on race to figure out the difference between a stock 2012 and a stock 2013 GTR. Say from 50 to 180 mph....

·
Founder/Admin
26,473 Posts
I guess it will take a roll-on race to figure out the difference between a stock 2012 and a stock 2013 GTR. Say from 50 to 180 mph....
i drove them both on a track too up to about 140 mph... if there is any noticeable difference to me its more in the power curve itself than the actual power # if that makes sense to you.... for example if i had to narrow down something tangible and say yes i think this is different,,, it would be the way the car pulled to redline coming out of a turn in maybe 3rd to 4th gear... the power felt maybe a bit more immediate and full from like 4K rpm to the upshift .... but its not something you would notice unless you just drove the 2012 and even then its nuanced.. the only reason i noticed was i was looking to find something as i wanted to take full advantage of the opportunity to literally drive them back to back.. but with that said i admit i wasnt paying as close attention on the drag part and to me they felt the same... since there was no timing i always tried to look at the speedo when i crossed the line and i remember saw 122-124 on the 13 and most of the good 12 runs the slowest runs i saw were like 119-120 mostly being when i had VDC kick in back off the line about mid shift to 2nd

·
Founder/Admin
26,473 Posts
Spring rates are increased but I didn't notice any difference

Doesn't mean it isn't any...just means I was in and out of so many cars and was excited about the day that
That I didnt catch every little thing....the day passed so fast

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Spring rates are increased but I didn't notice any difference

Doesn't mean it isn't any...just means I was in and out of so many cars and was excited about the day that
That I didnt catch every little thing....the day passed so fast
Yeah, different operating temps with the cars likely played a big roll too. I went from my tuned 2010, to the 2013 BE when it was cold. My 2010 had more power, but the BE was better balanced on the track, felt tighter, and seemed to have more grip. Then in the afternoon, I drove a red 2012 premium for 2 track sessions. For the first track session, the red 2012 was pulling boost and was slower than SRao's stock 2010 down the back straight. I let it sit hood open, then we did another session. That last session the 2012 was running full boost and was way, way faster down the back straight.

Overall, I felt that the 2013 BE was the best car on the track. It was subtle between it and the 2012, and even my 2010. Some of that could be due to tires, but i would have to say that I believe it was more than the tires.

Just my 0.02

·
Founder/Admin
26,473 Posts
by the end of the track part at the end of the day the 2012 i was driving was up to 257 tranny temp... didnt pay attention to what the 2013 temp was as i had it on the lateral G screen the whole time.. yeah i know the blue 2013 was down to 6lbs i guess due to heat..

but your right every car felt different to at different times of the day... im used to only driving my own car and didnt realize how much they can vary due to heat soak or tires or whatever

i admit i was trail braking a bit in one of the 12's as i had never seen that track before in my life..and by the end of the session my pedal was just mush and the brakes smelt like they were on fire.. felt bad for the person who jumped in it after me

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.