Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

Just a lil background, I am currently a MKIV Supra owner (have been for 7 years) and have done a lot with the car. I wanted to create an account to learn more about the GTR and possibly find a good deal on one. My friend has a 2012 GTR with Switzer exhaust n ecu tune, its such a blast to ride in and I just love how modern everything is. The supra is great but its not getting the use it once did. So Im wondering what you guys think about going from the Supra to GTR. Is it worth the extra $$

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Super Moderator
3,445 Posts
First off congrats on the very cool Supra!!

Your question is a very loaded one and everyone is going to give different anwers. I think it boils down to what you want out of your car.

If you had a GTR would it be your daily driver?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the compliment...

The GTR would take the Supra's place, so it wouldn't be a daily driver, although besides exhaust and ecu tune I wouldn't do too much more to it

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
My bro and I have Supra TT in the 90's, then blown NSX's in early 2000's and GTRs now. By far, it is the best car performance wise. All these cars are built with road course in mind and GTR blows the doors off all Japanese (not LFA) on the track. There is 16 years gap in technology and it shows. There is a reason you don't see many Supra on the road course and many GTRs.

·
Registered
376 Posts
supra's are great and i actually had the choice modified supra or stock GTR .. I been around 2j's for awhile but the technology in the GTR is what sold me . Being a newer car also. .. I don't think you would be disappointed ..

·
I ❤️ Oil & Gas
5,644 Posts
Nice ride!!! and congrats on the new addition!!!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Never driven a Supra but, either way you can't go wrong if you decide to keep it or get a GTR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts