Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i just recently purchased a 14 track edition a few months ago and i had a couple questions. Before i begin may i say this has got to be the most raw and fun to drive car i have ever been in despite the naysayers saying how over rated it is. that being said i do have a small few issues with the car. I ended purchasing a 14 pearl white track edition with 34k on the clock, beautiful car, but when i drive it theres this like tattling sound i can hear behind me, its extremely annoying and have no idea even where to begin to look. kind of sounds like rattling marbles in a tin can to some extent. The other issue i have is just how terrible the gas mileage is, granted the car is flex fuel tuned and FBO so that might be my answer right there. Lastly, my plastic trim started to make this like creaking noise when driving just after i took apart the screen to fix the back of the gunky ac button that were causing it to go full blast even if i just moved it one click, besides those things the car has been amazing and im glad to be a part of this community and excited to experience life with the car.

·
Super Moderator
3,908 Posts
Hey guys i just recently purchased a 14 track edition a few months ago and i had a couple questions. Before i begin may i say this has got to be the most raw and fun to drive car i have ever been in despite the naysayers saying how over rated it is. that being said i do have a small few issues with the car. I ended purchasing a 14 pearl white track edition with 34k on the clock, beautiful car, but when i drive it theres this like tattling sound i can hear behind me, its extremely annoying and have no idea even where to begin to look. kind of sounds like rattling marbles in a tin can to some extent. The other issue i have is just how terrible the gas mileage is, granted the car is flex fuel tuned and FBO so that might be my answer right there. Lastly, my plastic trim started to make this like creaking noise when driving just after i took apart the screen to fix the back of the gunky ac button that were causing it to go full blast even if i just moved it one click, besides those things the car has been amazing and im glad to be a part of this community and excited to experience life with the car.
Welcome...show us pictures.

As to your problems, if it's "FBO" can you reach the previous owner/builder at all with a few of these questions? Also, perhaps during an oil change can you get under the car and do a visual inspection for a loose part?

Alexd

·
Registered
10,198 Posts
What’s terrible for you ? 9.9 mpg on E85 ? If I’m cruising on highway I get 16-18mpg but when I’m on it it’s in the middle single digits lol.

open your trunk and wiggle your wing - see if it reproduces that squeaking / marbles sound.

if it’s coming from your elbow area in the center section, pop off the cover and see if you have something in there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
welcome, the GTR is a noisy car... if the rattlling sounds like a couple of coins being shaken it may be the brake pads and you can get a second spring to fit on the caliper pin (Nissan only provides one), - have a read here and enjoy the car

1 - 6 of 6 Posts