Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I just registered on this forum,
I plan to buy a GTR with a budget of 65K euros, just for offline weekend, anyone have ideas or advice can advise me ?
thank advanced

·
Registered
2009 Nissan GT-R
35 Posts
Hello fiction,

I just did this whole process about 2 months ago. There is a whole thread I read through before I purchased here: GTRLIFE NISSAN GTR (R35) FAQ shows all the MY differences and lots of great info.

The time it takes to find a good car is the longest part. There are some lemons out there for sure. In todays market with your budget your PROBABLY looking at a CBA (09-11) GTRs with low-medium miles or an older DBA 12+ with medium to high miles. Lots of smarter guys on here than me, but apparently at the FBO level (if you plan to mod), they all make roughly the same power when custom tuned +/- different MY specific variables. If you do go CBA, the trans needs some TSBs done if they haven't been done (make sure to get a history report). Just did the clips on my car and changed all of my fluids: diffs, trans, and motor-pretty straightforward.

Also, get a PPI or (Pre Purchase inspection), very important to do. It will tell you if the car was launched, how many times launched, and list the temps the oil was in (higher temps means more abuse). Finally, this should go without saying, but test drive it as well.

Good Luck in your search!

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
5,977 Posts
Welcome, hope you can land one…

Happy Motoring…

Reactions: fictionbh

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello fiction,

I just did this whole process about 2 months ago. There is a whole thread I read through before I purchased here: GTRLIFE NISSAN GTR (R35) FAQ shows all the MY differences and lots of great info.

The time it takes to find a good car is the longest part. There are some lemons out there for sure. In todays market with your budget your PROBABLY looking at a CBA (09-11) GTRs with low-medium miles or an older DBA 12+ with medium to high miles. Lots of smarter guys on here than me, but apparently at the FBO level (if you plan to mod), they all make roughly the same power when custom tuned +/- different MY specific variables. If you do go CBA, the trans needs some TSBs done if they haven't been done (make sure to get a history report). Just did the clips on my car and changed all of my fluids: diffs, trans, and motor-pretty straightforward.

Also, get a PPI or (Pre Purchase inspection), very important to do. It will tell you if the car was launched, how many times launched, and list the temps the oil was in (higher temps means more abuse). Finally, this should go without saying, but test drive it as well.

Good Luck in your search!
thank you Slayers,

that's very kind of you,

i looking of model 2012 2013, you'r reason with your suggest about my budget.

hope i can get it for Noel holidays this year :D

can you tell me how much for maintenance of your GTR, i will drive just for meeting or week-end

have a nice day to you :)

·
Registered
2009 Nissan GT-R
35 Posts
Cant speak on the labor maintenance cost brother. I did it myself. But 10 quarts of Motul DCTF and the 3 quarts of the diff stuff was ~270 something. The motor oil with filter was ~60. I replaced some of the hardware under the vehicle as well for another 20-30 bucks. So I’d say probably 300 USD total. I think the job depends but I’ve seen 1000-1200 USD.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cant speak on the labor maintenance cost brother. I did it myself. But 10 quarts of Motul DCTF and the 3 quarts of the diff stuff was ~270 something. The motor oil with filter was ~60. I replaced some of the hardware under the vehicle as well for another 20-30 bucks. So I’d say probably 300 USD total. I think the job depends but I’ve seen 1000-1200 USD.
okay, i understand, i always lookingfor best car/model in the price range

1 - 8 of 8 Posts