Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

I am honored to be part of this community and I am looking forward to learning more about my new GT-R in terms of tunes and mods. Although I still own a 2013 e92, I am eager to explore my GT-R's performance capabilities. Coming from Bimmerpost, I hope this community provides the same camaraderie. Here is a pick of "Angelina" below. She is a 2015 GT-R Black Edition. She is new with no miles at time of purchase (~ 1 month ago) and is bone stock. I am planning a lease-to-own option. Any suggestions on first mods that won't totally screw me on warranty, etc? Below is my GT-R pictured with my friend's M4. He was totally jealous when I showed him my new whip! lol I am located in SoCal if anyone is interested in meeting up sometime... Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
Welcome,

Not sure that you should do any mods considering your lease. I suppose simple bolt ons that can be removed are no harm done but why even bother, you have a 2015 GTR and Nissan has been tweaking it continuously since it came out in 2008.

If anything it would be possible to get some light aftermarket wheels and put on some Michelin Pilot Super Sport in 285/35-20 square. The wheels can be wider (20x10 front, 20x11 rear) than OEM and still fit stock suspension and give you way more front grip and reduce understeer. The Pilot Super Sports are great street tires that are more comfortable than the OEM runflats. You can save and store the stock wheels and tires since you have a lease. If you don't keep the car the aftermarket wheels are in demand if in good shape, if you keep the GTR and like the aftermarket wheels you can sell the OEM ones that are hardly used.

If you don't mind the audio system (like you want to tear it out rather than play it) then adding some sound deadening to the trunk, rear seat, and maybe the doors is good for improved base response and less road noise/ heat. Do they allow legal window tint? If they do then that is OK. Maybe a front license plate holder where the tow hook opening is placed, beats damaging the front mid bumper.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Congrats! Many of us are from bimmerpost or mbworld or other similar forums. I also had an E92 M3 DCT, C63, etc. before the R35. Welcome to the community. Join us on the Feb 22, 2015 track day at Fontana (Autoclub Speedway). If you're on Facebook, join the SoCal GT-R's group. PM me if you are interested in joining us.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Congrats. I see that you purchased from Nissan of Duarte. John Kuo (one of the service managers at the dealership) oversaw the PPI done on my GTR before I purchased it. Great guy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts