Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm just trying to learn as much about the GTR before I purchase one. If any of you could help me find the links on what year to buy and what the best minor mods are, What year not to buy! And maybe some very cool threads on the top HP GTR's to look at just for fun. Thanks Curtis

Attachments

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I'll tell you what I just told my friend today on the phone . He wants to get his first GTR and he's looking around coming from a lotus guy s perspective ..
He's a driver and not like a drag racer ..,
Thinking it together the conclusion seems to be for him to get a low milleage 09s , or 10s was more for the buck than the 12 as he's mentality Is to but now , sell in 2015 and get the latest GTR then .

No doubt that the 11 s got better suspension and that the 12 is much more rigid and oversteery And more of a driver s fun to drive car but they aren't done with it yet most likely and it will always get better ..

The GTR is probably the best car for 80k to arguably 250 k + and that by itself is remarkable but when you can add 60k + in the price range and still get one it's unbeatable really ..

Not answering much on the modding part of things but hope that helps .

·
Registered
468 Posts
Welcome.
Love your avatar BTW.
My answer to your first question is: get the latest year that you can afford.
Every year, the GTR is improved on the previous year by the factory.
My 0.02$.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
There was an improvement in MY2011 in terms of creature comforts. They added things like auto-headlights, iPod interface, better Nav graphics. The real improvements came for MY2012 though when they added 45 more horsepower, revised suspension, a carbon front sway bar, new lighter wheels, LED front fascia, Launch Control 4, carbon fibre interior accents, and a couple other things. Its all about how you want to spend your money though. People will argue that buying a 2012 is pointless if you are gonna mod heavily since those improvements from factory can easily be obtained through the aftermarket. Personally though, I like the factory doing as much improvement as possible because I trust them more than I trust the aftermarket. Its true though, with the money saved from buying a 2009-2011 GTR, you could make a much faster car than a 2012 GTR.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Welcome! Awesome M5, with the stroker engine.

I haven't driven an M5 with the stroker engine, but the GT-R is significantly faster and more planted than my M5. It's a more fun car overall, but it's not close to as comfy (which it shouldn't be).

·
Registered
415 Posts
Welcome!
I've seen you and your car on M5board also, so it's great to see you looking at the GT-R. I love my GT-R and my M5, but completely different power deliveries, which I think makes for some fun depending on how you are wanting to drive that day.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
^ that guy needs a ban

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.