Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Ive had these for a little bit and have seen a few people buy these and put them on but I did not see anyone review them at all.

I got some Michelin PS2 N0 255/40/20 F 295/35/20 R.

They are a LOT softer than the Bridgestone RE70R's that I took off. No shock on that one. They are also much quieter.

For a comfortable street tire I think these are the ticket. The straight line grip is better, lateral grip isn't exactly the same, nor is the steering feel, Its not bad but its not exactly the same.

But for the street I really like them.

The setup also lost 8lb each up front and 9lb each out back, so I can feel its lighter on its feet.

I am waiting for the PSS in factory size. Once these are done, they should be out. But for now this is as close to OEM as you can get in a Michelin.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
once mounted are the outside diameters near stock or at least about the same front/back??

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Problem is for the street you want runflats...cause if you get a flat you're screwed especially with the cost of the wheels... Sometimes it isn't safe to pull over and stop right away...

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let us know how the PS2s work out and cost. How do you like your Ford F150 ecoboost?
They are a 220 tread ware tire, should last about the same as the run flats. I got them for a little less than $1400 installed. The traction in a straight line is better than the run flats, but not a ton better. They are not bad at all around corners feels good. The fact they are so much quieter and smoother is nice too.

The Ecoboost is great, It is super quiet, comfortable, good power delivery and gets pretty decent mileage.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just checking back on the PS2s, everything OK no traction warning lights etc? I really have to replace some tires soon and does not seem to be any other option out there for non runflats. thanks

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just checking back on the PS2s, everything OK no traction warning lights etc? I really have to replace some tires soon and does not seem to be any other option out there for non runflats. thanks
No problems at all they are closer than OEM in sizing, the ride is MUCH better, still firm but my kidneys don't hurt after driving on the highway. They feel good at high speed too. (OOPS)

Bridgestone S001 makes the 255/40/20 and 295/35/20,
Bridgestone RE050A's in OE size 255/40/20 and 285/35/20,
Pirelli PZero's in the 255/40/20 and 295/35/20,
Or the PS2 255/40/20 and 295/35/20 that I got.

I believe that are the only Non Runflats that are factory size you can run. You can go shorter or taller, but to me it looks and performs best at or near OE sizing overall.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
No problems at all they are closer than OEM in sizing, the ride is MUCH better, still firm but my kidneys don't hurt after driving on the highway. They feel good at high speed too. (OOPS)

Bridgestone S001 makes the 255/40/20 and 295/35/20,
Bridgestone RE050A's in OE size 255/40/20 and 285/35/20,
Pirelli PZero's in the 255/40/20 and 295/35/20,
Or the PS2 255/40/20 and 295/35/20 that I got.

I believe that are the only Non Runflats that are factory size you can run. You can go shorter or taller, but to me it looks and performs best at or near OE sizing overall.
Yokohama ADVAN Sports are available in 255/40/20 and 285/35ZR20

·
Registered
59 Posts
Unfortunately the Yokohama 255/40 have been out of stock for 5mo now.
Too bad. The Yoko's rock. 4 track days so far this summer and minimal wear.Comfortable on the street, good in the rain. Im very happy.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Too bad. The Yoko's rock. 4 track days so far this summer and minimal wear.Comfortable on the street, good in the rain. Im very happy.
Hmmmm, hopefully they will be available when I'm ready for tires, arock's post just confirmed that they are the next tires for me.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I will go with the Michelin PS2 as about same cost as Yokohama's I wonder if you can mix the Michelin Super sports as one size available now for Rears.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
I wonder if you can mix the Michelin Super sports as one size available now for Rears.
I wouldn't do that...

The grip levels will be different & the car will not handle properly when you're pushing it. If you just tool around in the car, you'll be okay--but I have a feeling this doesn't describe any of us driving the GT-R...

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey BigBill
How are those PS2s now you had them a few weeks?
Gonna order some tires soon and they look like the ticket.
I also noticed Michelin does tire repair free on any tires you buy for 3 years.
Ya I have a few hundred miles on them and they are still great. Its a really nice street tire. Grippy, quiet, smooth and seems to be long lasting, probably 15k miles depending on alignment settings.

If you want a non run flat tire I think these are the best choice in factory like sizes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts