Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

New Standard in GT-R Turbocharger Technology

Engineered to be the ultimate turbocharger upgrade for GT-R's making between 1000 and 1600hp, AAM Competition, LLC is proud to release three new turbo systems for the Nissan GT-R: the AAM Competition GT1200-R Turbo System, AAM Competition GT1400-R Turbo System, and the AAM Competition GT1600-R Turbo System.

Power in the Details

The finest materials and components make the AAM Competition GT1200/1400/1600-R Turbo Systems stand out from the competition. AAM Competition's team CAD designed Stainless Cast Tubular Manifolds to ensure top performance. Superior to cut & weld fabricated manifolds, casting eliminates welding and odd contours, eliminating cracking and failure while greatly improving engine reliability and performance. The one piece manifold design with smooth flowing, large diameter (1.65") runners and round bellows allow for maximum flow with no resistance. Exhaust gas is channeled into a smooth collector right into the turbocharger - allowing for optimum performance and maximum power.

Seamless Integration - Straight Forward Installation-

A Turbo Kit that Simply Fits

The AAM Competition GT1200/1400/1600-R Turbo Systems are complete kits that seamlessly integrate with AAM Competition (or most popular aftermarket) components and they are a direct upgrade to the factory turbocharger setup.

Complete with everything needed to replace the factory turbochargers, the AAM Competition GT1200/1400/1600-R Turbo Systems come with twin Stainless Cast Tubular Manifolds, Garrett GTX Turbochargers, Tial MVR Wastegates, Stainless Downpipes, Turbo Inlet Piping that connects to 3" Intake Kits, Lower Intercooler Piping that connects to the factory or most upgraded intake piping kits, Pre- Assembled and Fully Terminated Braided Oil Lines, Pre-Assembled and Fully Terminated Coolant Lines (complete with a CNC'd distribution block), Pre-Assembled and Fully Terminated Braided Boost Lines, Heat Shielding, and more.

Summary

Performance without Compromise * Seamless Integration

Finest Components * Designed to be the Best

Features

• CAD/CAM/CMM designed and engineered
  • Factory like fitment and compatibility, no modification needed.
  • 304 SS Tubular Cast Manifolds with V-Band flanges
  • Custom specification Garrett GTX turbochargers
  • Tial Stainless V-Band Exhaust housings
  • Tial MV-R 44mm Wastegates
  • Complete Oil and Coolant system
  • Optional Wastegate water cooling system
  • Inlet tubing, compatible with OE fitment intakes
  • Lower IC piping, compatible with OE fitment IC and FMIC kits
  • Heat protection and shielding of manifolds and critical components
  • Optional ceramic coating of exhaust components
  • Optional wastegate cooling lines

Why the AAM Competition GT1200/1400/1600-R Turbo System Stands Out

• CAD designed and engineered for optimal performance, reliability and OEM like fitment.
  • Tubular, cast stainless manifolds are perfect for performance and reliability. Developed using CAD to have large smooth runners that provide ample exhaust flow with no risk of cracking. V-band design is simple, effective and proven.
  • Turbo options available for both road, track and drag applications. Larger turbochargers offer a significant increase in horsepower.
  • Large Tial MV-R 44mm Wastegates for optimal control, available with a water-cooling system for longevity and reliability in road racing applications.
  • Tial Stainless V-Band housings are used for a low profile fit and to keep the setup simple and clean.
  • High quality AN fittings and lines with heat resistant shielding and protection. Specifically designed and pre-assembled for the GT-R R35 application.
  • Stainless downpipes have recirculating Wastegate dump tubes and terminate at the factory location making them compatible with OEM or aftermarket mid-pipes.
  • Thick 4-ply silicone hoses all around to handle high pressure
  • All required hardware clamps are included - turnkey system for a true bolt on experience

·
Registered
152 Posts
Does the aam kit include heat shields ? I have yet seen any picture with any kind of thermal protection on these kit

Can we get picture of heat shielding if its included ?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Vendor
208 Posts
Had the pleasure of having one of the first AAM Competition turbo kits shipped over to our facility @ RD Engineering a short time ago.

Prior to receiving or even aware of the AAM Competition Turbo kit we were in the middle of deciding which direction we wanted to take Eli's project GTR. Some short time after this moment, Eli introduced me to the idea of one of these newly designed and engineered turbo kits by AAM Competition. Before I knew it, there was a AAMC GT-1600 Turbo kit and their triple pump fuel system sitting in my shop.

After opening all the boxes I was immediately amazed purely on the design of the manifolds and the flow of the rest of the system. Quality second to none! I knew this kit was well thought out and had utilized some real engineering time. Installation started right away and everything bolted on as simple as original equipment.

Here are some moments of the install below

AAMC street intercooler came shortly after

·
VR38 Killer
998 Posts
I'm glad to see all of this and that, that FMIC still flows enough. What sort of trade up program is there?

Congrats Eli, RDE, Visconti-Ecutek and AAM!

~Dv8

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great turbo kit I have the AAM Competition GT1200-R setup and love it. Spools up quick, awesome power. Went to track once full street trim street radials ran 157mph not even trying hitting the rev limiter wasting valuable time amd MPH. Can't wait to see how the car runs when get drag tires and turn the boost up from 36 to 44 psi and use launch control and boost off the line. The power is ridiculous and no lag like my GTR 800R. 1192 whp and 977 wtq. Very happy. I am hoping its good for a [email protected]+.

Isaac

2009 AAM 1200R
90% build complete
Stage 3 Trans

·
Registered
10 Posts
By the way I have a stage 4+ Trans installed by Shep I need to update my signature.

2009 AAM 1200R
90% build complete
Stage 3 Trans

·
Registered
637 Posts
The AAM 1600 Kit is awesome! For as big as these turbos are there isn't much lag to them. The pull is endless.The manifolds are a work of art. I've yet to turn it up and even dyno it but will be done soon. Looking forward to visiting the track again and making some real numbers happen
I wasn't to impressed with that 8.7 pass.

Eli

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
So what the diff between the 1200 n 1600 if they both 35s turbo? On the 1200 package I see y'all made 1380whp what type on dyno, fuel,ECM n etc

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
The AAM 1600 Kit is awesome! For as big as these turbos are there isn't much lag to them. The pull is endless.The manifolds are a work of art. I've yet to turn it up and even dyno it but will be done soon. Looking forward to visiting the track again and making some real numbers happen

Eli
8.7s is really good. I do not think it will go much quicker unless you cut a 1.3 60ft.
Great looking kit AAM.

·
VR38 Killer
998 Posts
AAM does a great job engineering turbine trim to run this 35 with bigger turbo type results and reduced lag. Stainless manifolds are amazing.
Leave it to RDE, Eli & Visconti Ecutek to get an after market intake manifold, tbs, stage 3 cams, more injectors, & gears to run low 8s.

~Dv8

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
I hope Iam wrong.

·
LiMiTLeSs
3,220 Posts
The Aam 1200 is gt35 based and 1600r is gr37 based assuming

·
Vendor
208 Posts
I think everyone forgets that the 35 nomenclature is the turbine family alone. There are several possibilities of compressor options and housing A/R's. The most common compressor wheel combined with the 35 is the "82" wheel, which gives the classic 3582 name. There is also the 3586 which is significantly bigger, what gets tricky is that the 82 and the 86 are only calling out the exducer end(big end) of the compressor wheel. I have seen many other compressor wheels coupled with the so called 35... Hope this helps

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
yes but those are not gtx turbos.
In the 35 frame garrett only makes the 76mm and 82mm exducer using the gtx 11 blade wheel design.
The 86 mm is the HTA (tial) 7 blade design.
Using bigger turbine a/r (1.06 vs 0.82)will give you a marginal increase in power. No more than 50hp.
And its clear in your pics that you guys are using a tial 0.82 turbine housing.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Great turbo kit I have the AAM Competition GT1200-R setup and love it. Spools up quick, awesome power. Went to track once full street trim street radials ran 157mph not even trying hitting the rev limiter wasting valuable time amd MPH. Can't wait to see how the car runs when get drag tires and turn the boost up from 36 to 44 psi and use launch control and boost off the line. The power is ridiculous and no lag like my GTR 800R. 1192 whp and 977 wtq. Very happy. I am hoping its good for a [email protected]+.

Isaac

2009 AAM 1200R
90% build complete
Stage 3 Trans
How's this compared to Precision Turbos? 6266 right?

·
LiMiTLeSs
3,220 Posts

Eli
Please definite what "isn't much lag" cause what with those turbos I would expect nothing but lag. What displacement are you running?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts