Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Gun Guy
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks, I just received my new dream car yesterday, and haven't slept since. I keep walking down to my garage and just looking with the biggest grin ever. I was told about this forum from the newbie intro forum since this is more R32 based in here. I had a few questions if anyone knowledgeable could help that would be great. The units of measurement on the gauges are not normal to me, I know what they are but do not know what are normal operating parameters. I purchased the car with 80k miles on new water pump and belt new tires and brakes and only plan on driving to local events and get it out on the weekend. The cars paint is immaculate, as is the interior. The dash doesn't even have the bubble issue ive read about everywhere. I would have never bought it as a daily driver but the opportunity presented itself, and I haven't regretted it. Its so funny driving the car in a playstation game growing up always wanting one and finally a dream come true. I appreciate your time in advance and pleasure meeting you all.

1. what is avg oil temp?
2.What is avg oil pressure?
3. Where does engine temp gauge normally ride? (mine is at half and has stayed so I figured its good)
4. What is the Hicas light ?

Thanks

Attachments

· Registered
248 Posts
Hello folks, I just received my new dream car yesterday, and haven't slept since. I keep walking down to my garage and just looking with the biggest grin ever. I was told about this forum from the newbie intro forum since this is more R32 based in here. I had a few questions if anyone knowledgeable could help that would be great. The units of measurement on the gauges are not normal to me, I know what they are but do not know what are normal operating parameters. I purchased the car with 80k miles on new water pump and belt new tires and brakes and only plan on driving to local events and get it out on the weekend. The cars paint is immaculate, as is the interior. The dash doesn't even have the bubble issue ive read about everywhere. I would have never bought it as a daily driver but the opportunity presented itself, and I haven't regretted it. Its so funny driving the car in a playstation game growing up always wanting one and finally a dream come true. I appreciate your time in advance and pleasure meeting you all.

1. what is avg oil temp?
2.What is avg oil pressure?
3. Where does engine temp gauge normally ride? (mine is at half and has stayed so I figured its good)
4. What is the Hicas light ?

Thanks
1. Normal operating temperature for the oil will be between the 70 and halfway above the second line on the gauge. If you are driving hard on a track you might see it go above the halfway mark but don't abuse it.

2. Normal oil pressure on cold start is a little above the 4 on the gauge, on warm idle it should be between the first line and the 4. Keep in mind, the Oil Pressure Sender Unit on these cars crap out all the time and show incorrect readings. Replace it first before freaking out if you are seeing low oil pressure. They are really cheap.

3. Halfway is normal operating temp for engine

4. HICAS light means your 4-Wheel-Steering system is not operating correctly. This could be a multitude of things from low HICAS Fluid (found in a container in your trunk with access panel on the right side), to a leak, to a bad HICAS unit, etc. First check the fluid.

Welcome to R32 ownership! It's a bitch! :D

· Gun Guy
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1. Normal operating temperature for the oil will be between the 70 and halfway above the second line on the gauge. If you are driving hard on a track you might see it go above the halfway mark but don't abuse it.

2. Normal oil pressure on cold start is a little above the 4 on the gauge, on warm idle it should be between the first line and the 4. Keep in mind, the Oil Pressure Sender Unit on these cars crap out all the time and show incorrect readings. Replace it first before freaking out if you are seeing low oil pressure. They are really cheap.

3. Halfway is normal operating temp for engine

4. HICAS light means your 4-Wheel-Steering system is not operating correctly. This could be a multitude of things from low HICAS Fluid (found in a container in your trunk with access panel on the right side), to a leak, to a bad HICAS unit, etc. First check the fluid.

Welcome to R32 ownership! It's a bitch! :D
Man I cant thank you enough for the info. I don't plan on tracking it for a while. I hit the savings account pretty hard to buy it. My biggest concern was just learning the info you posted. The Hicas light isn't on I just saw in on startup and was curious what it was. It is a dream car and for right now its a once a week driver lol. Trying to keep the mileage down on it. Car runs perfect and is in amazing shape to be 25 years old. Again I cant thank you enough for answering these questions have a great one.

· Registered
289 Posts
Awesome car and congrats. Looking forwards to updates, and I'll be learning about these also.

Lol, I thought I had a CEL, and realized it was the e-brake.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.