Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
There was an event ImporT drag wars today at Las vegas speedway , I decided to give it a run and see what i would do

Weather was the best we could really get in Vegas and DA was from 1500-1800 All day.. I had Chris Detune my first gear to 50% boost or so and uninstalled LC1 and Put LC2 006 ..really had no desire to break another Diff with "tire hopping " LC1 ..

No spoiler and No passenger seat

I entered the FIS forced induction Street competition

First shakedown pass was a 9.77- 150.72 monster MPH !! 60ft time was 1.71

second pass was a [email protected] 149.68 mph 60ft was 1.60

First place winner gets 500$ I was over a second faster than the 2nd place car 10.7, when the guy from the event saw that there was no car seat in the passenger he told me i cant run in street car :( ..he said run in FIP forced indcution pro .I was not really in a mod to stay the whole day there..decided to hang out for a little while longer

Third and Final Pass was a 9.53 @ 150.58 mph !! i was like YEA BABY!!! i was smiling from ear to ear !!

so i was the number one seed in the FIP with second place a drag car civic or integra? 9.60 .. I had him beat..

Fast forward about 40 honda civics breaking later LOL , then they ended the event when the track temps hit 49* .. which sucks b/c i was going heads up for 800.00 bucks..

VIDEO UPLOADING

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Congrats on the new record

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
what happened to that vet? nice runs.
Thats my Boy Brandon .. he blew the diff :( .. really felt bad for him! he's a really good guy .. he was shooting for his first 9 sec pass 434 with a 200shot n20

·
Vendor
1,382 Posts
Congrats Sam well deserved. Aam 900 is making power.

Sean

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks guys! it was a long and fun day..

would have been nice to get that 1st place and represent the GTR !! packed house

Dana's GTR on E85 (GTC tune) ran [email protected] and was iirc in first place to win FIS.. we were both in 1st place ready to get that trophy..

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Killer times, CONGRATS!

Any idea why they didn't say anything to you about a cage?

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Killer times, CONGRATS!

Any idea why they didn't say anything to you about a cage?
I thought they would after the first pass.. but they were cool about it.. i had the fire suit and helmet maybe that helped?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I thought they would after the first pass.. but they were cool about it.. i had the fire suit and helmet maybe that helped?
Nice! I do the same thing, fire jacket, 5-point (had a harness bar in my old Z06) and it seems to help. At your times/speeds maybe they just assume, "he's gotta have a cage in that bad boy"
. But at 150 they are gonna start looking for a chute!

A buddy of mine was down there in his Civic hatch (Black with a Pink cage), he also got a new PB, [email protected]

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice! I do the same thing, fire jacket, 5-point (had a harness bar in my old Z06) and it seems to help. At your times/speeds maybe they just assume, "he's gotta have a cage in that bad boy"
. But at 150 they are gonna start looking for a chute!

A buddy of mine w
as down there in his Civic hatch (Black with a Pink cage), he also got a new PB, [email protected]
yea , there was one that ran [email protected] , of course not street car, gutted pure trailer drag car..

man i think it was record day of cars breaking.. I'm not joking! maybe 40 cars.. every 5 cars it was a delay.. sooo annoying !!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts