Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hey, not my first forum, but saw some good info on here, and since I'll be looking for a GTR in April/May, I figured I would learn as much as I can about an already amazing platform, I currently own a 1997 Supra that I've put a lot of time and effort into, and a new Ford F150 EcoBoost w/6" lift. Again just wanted to say hey and all advice is welcomed

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Welcome! I still got my Dawg..
you Will enjoy the Zilla for sure..

·
I'm everywhere.
857 Posts
Welcome! Post up photos of the Supra!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome, here's the Soup

I'll post some more soon, I'm in the middle of changing a BHG

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, it's a lot of fun, and builds great power, but I'm ready to try that AWD monster that I hear/see so much of now days

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
looking Great! Looks a bit like Ken Henderson's red car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^^^thanks all

And I appreciate the gesture but My supra is far from ken's

I only got 1 pic of my truck, I'll take some more today and post them tomorrow

It's from the day I picked it up from the dealer, but I think I got some pics of it at my fathers place in the country I'll get a hold of them and post ASAP

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Any advice for shopping around, ive read in here that the 2010's had a better trans, was this actually better built, or was this just in the minor upgrades or programming of the ECU?

·
Media Dude
170 Posts
Any advice for shopping around, ive read in here that the 2010's had a better trans, was this actually better built, or was this just in the minor upgrades or programming of the ECU?
The transmissions are the same in 09' and 10'. I'd recommend getting a 2010 as there are no recalls, that you'll find in 2009 models. There are also small upgrades such as the steering lock modules, noise from the bell housing, the dash light, etc, etc. Small problems that were present in the '09 model are fixed, and the price difference is small between the two.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.