Nissan GT-R Forum banner

New trouble code on my Trans (0872)

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  alexdavis 
#1 ·
Just appeared.

No radical behavior difference (YET), though driving at lower RPM seems to "pulse" a bit more than usual.

Codes do not disappear with ECU code re-set (Cobb), but do not cause a SES symbol on the display.

There is a new display error icon on the top right of my display above the heat gauge that I've never seen before; obviously transmission related. It looks like a partial transmission with 2 "legs," one of which is a broken line, the other one is a solid line to what appears to be the wheels.

Again, the code is P0872...Cobb shows it TWICE, but P0873 doesn't appear, or any other code.

My look-up of this shows: TFP SENSOR/SW C CIRC

Just now, I went back out after parking the car...the codes are still there but the icon is gone.

Any suggestions?

Alexd

See less See more
#3 ·
It's a transmission fluid pressure sensor error. I'd log it to see what the pressures are compared to what they should be.
Thank you.

I have no experience with this, other than I did a couple of logs 2 weeks ago (before the problem yesterday) which I'm posting here. Can you or anyone with experience "SEE" anything further, moving toward what to do next?

Car is a 2012 modified GT-R with Shep 2.5 trans.

Alexd

Attachments

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Data logs from before the problem started won't really help. Do a new log and send it to John Shepherd (sales@sheptrans.com). He will get back with you pretty quick. He is the only one I would want suggestions from.
Thanks.

Actually months ago I was E-Mailing back-and-forth to one of his people. The question at that time was low-speed drivability and any clue as to whether my ETS was failing or not. I used the same parameter set-up for the log that Jack's Transmissions recommends on their video.

I'm pretty sure that I was told that they only evaluate Ecutek logs, not Cobb. That seems strange to me, but what could I say?

Alexd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.