Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
18,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had quite a few customers inquiring on the Axis wheels that were debuted at SEMA just a few weeks ago. Finally, we have the final specs and Axis has worked out any final preparation to present you with an affordable carbon fiber wheel! They are available in either the carbon lip wheel or standard black lip and can be ordered in standard or aggressive fitments. Sizes released are 20x10 45mm offset & 20x11 19mm or the aggressive 20x10.5 50mm offset and 20x12 30mm offset packages! MSRP is listed at $1365 per wheel on a painted wheel or $1750 ea for the Carbon Fiber option. Of course NAGTROC members will receive a healthy forum discount! Color matching or special paint colors are also available at $100 per wheel. Let me know if you have any further inquiries and I'll be sure to get you taken care of. Build time on these wheels is a remarkable 2-3 weeks, finally a brand new product that's available in a decent time frame!

·
Registered
98 Posts
AXIS ATTACK, the 20x10.5 and 20x12 is design for use with the TOYO R-888 285x35-20 and 315/30-20, the 20x10 and 20x11 is design for OEM sized tires.

·
Registered
98 Posts
it is fused using a proprietary method. so the wheels and be mounted and dismounted without any complications. we tested on the track with no ill effects. also available without the carbon fiber lip.

18,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From the picture you can see that its an overlay, as far as pricing is concerned we all know what carbon barrelled wheels sell for and its nowhere close to being as low as this. A few sets have gone to some very happy customers understanding that these in essence are a new set of wheels with a different lip option than the norm.

Axis has really come through on something different here and to have these wheels track proven is a testament to the quality of the R&D. Although these wheels are not for everyone, they are very much worth the asking price for a light weight wheel in GT-R fitment.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
yeah not worth the $$ if its just over lay...
Couldn't really say that. It's only raising the price of the wheel $385 for that carbon treatment and it's a good look. I have seen it twice now, once at Sema and once at Buttonwillow on the track.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky wheels are made in the USA.

the Carbon Lip is just cosmetic, some manufactures that makes a carbon fiber wheel without overlay ( straight dry carbon wheel) is experiencing the bonding process breaking down, apparently after heavy track session, the heat soak from the brake rotors are transferring heat from the brake rotor to the wheel. the carbon fiber rim halves cannot dissipate the heat quickly enough causing the carbon fiber and epoxy to breakdown. that is why brake manufactures employ carbon & ceramic for the rotors, however this material is very brittle and upon impact can shatter, hence not suitable as a wheel material. so for the for the guys who wants a little carbon fiber bling to match all the other carbon parts. This is our current solution. the standard wheel without carbon is still reasonably price multi piece wheel that is track worthy. and quite handsome in my opinion.

we currently makes a 20x10.5 and 20x12 for the upcoming TOYO R-888.

will post more pics soon.

James Chen/AXIS

Attachments

18,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
View attachment 19743 wheels are made in the USA.

the Carbon Lip is just cosmetic, some manufactures that makes a carbon fiber wheel without overlay ( straight dry carbon wheel) is experiencing the bonding process breaking down, apparently after heavy track session, the heat soak from the brake rotors are transferring heat from the brake rotor to the wheel. the carbon fiber rim halves cannot dissipate the heat quickly enough causing the carbon fiber and epoxy to breakdown. that is why brake manufactures employ carbon & ceramic for the rotors, however this material is very brittle and upon impact can shatter, hence not suitable as a wheel material. so for the for the guys who wants a little carbon fiber bling to match all the other carbon parts. This is our current solution. the standard wheel without carbon is still reasonably price multi piece wheel that is track worthy. and quite handsome in my opinion.

we currently makes a 20x10.5 and 20x12 for the upcoming TOYO R-888.

will post more pics soon.

James Chen/AXIS
Thank you for the detailed explanation James! Hopefully this will clear up a few questions.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts