Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got a chance to get some decent pics of my new setup. After a lot of debate on what wheel/look I was after I ended up going with the Volk TE37 Ultra Track Editions in the Diamond Dark Gunmetal, and I couldn't be happier with how everything came out. Big thanks to James at Vivid Racing for answering all my questions very thoroughly which helped make the buying process a breeze. I'm running the Michelin PSS 285/35R20 up front on a 20x10, and in the rear a 335/30R20 on a 20x12. I was unsure what color lug/locks to go with, but ended up choosing the Burning Blue Neon SR48's from Muteki (Also from James), and I think they go great with the car especially the blued tips on my BL 4" Titanium exhaust. I do think I hurt some feelings at my local Discount Tire where I got the tires from as I wouldn't let them mount the wheels on their standard clamp style machine lol. The Service Manager at the local Lexus dealership down the street from me is a family friend, and he gladly offered up his brand new Revolution touchless machine to mount them which did an awesome job. By the time the 1st wheel was getting mounted it seemed like every service tech in the shop at the time was standing around the machine, asking all sorts of questions about what kind of car this was going on, and generally just taking it all in as none of them had ever seen a tire as big as that 335. Plus it was a nice bonus being able to stand watch in the shop from start to finish to ensure everything went okay. Anyways enough talking on to the pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
beautiful setup

·
Registered
536 Posts
Very nice!. Lowered?.

·
Registered
37 Posts
@CuseILikeToParty

no issue with any warning lights because the tires don't match oem sizes? The diamaeter at the front is a little off from stock, rear is much closer.

Also, any issues with clearance or rubbing anywhere?

I read this in the owner's manual: A large difference between the diameters of front and rear wheels will make the warning light blink slowly (about once per two seconds).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@CuseILikeToParty

no issue with any warning lights because the tires don't match oem sizes? The diamaeter at the front is a little off from stock, rear is much closer.

I read this in the owner's manual: A large difference between the diameters of front and rear wheels will make the warning light blink slowly (about once per two seconds).
No issues whatsoever.

18,290 Posts
@CuseILikeToParty

Factory tires are 28" front and 27.9" rear.

MPSS 285/35/20 are 27.9" front and the 335/30/20 are 28" rear.

-James

·
Registered
86 Posts
looks amazing! also, kudos to james for his excellent customer service. I've gone through him twice now and both times have definitely been super positive

18,290 Posts
looks amazing! also, kudos to james for his excellent customer service. I've gone through him twice now and both times have definitely been super positive
Thank you for the kind words. Happy to assist.

-James

·
Registered
125 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Finally got a chance to get some decent pics of my new setup. After a lot of debate on what wheel/look I was after I ended up going with the Volk TE37 Ultra Track Editions in the Diamond Dark Gunmetal, and I couldn't be happier with how everything came out. Big thanks to James at Vivid Racing for answering all my questions very thoroughly which helped make the buying process a breeze. I'm running the Michelin PSS 285/35R20 up front on a 20x10, and in the rear a 335/30R20 on a 20x12. I was unsure what color lug/locks to go with, but ended up choosing the Burning Blue Neon SR48's from Muteki (Also from James), and I think they go great with the car especially the blued tips on my BL 4" Titanium exhaust. I do think I hurt some feelings at my local Discount Tire where I got the tires from as I wouldn't let them mount the wheels on their standard clamp style machine lol. The Service Manager at the local Lexus dealership down the street from me is a family friend, and he gladly offered up his brand new Revolution touchless machine to mount them which did an awesome job. By the time the 1st wheel was getting mounted it seemed like every service tech in the shop at the time was standing around the machine, asking all sorts of questions about what kind of car this was going on, and generally just taking it all in as none of them had ever seen a tire as big as that 335. Plus it was a nice bonus being able to stand watch in the shop from start to finish to ensure everything went okay. Anyways enough talking on to the pics...
what offset are ur te's ?if u dont mind me asking

1 - 20 of 21 Posts