Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
137 Posts
I have a 2014 Nissan GT-R with TSM 3" intakes (lower), AMS downpipes, HKS resonated mid-pipe, Walbro "E85" pumps and ID1300 on Cobb custom tune for E85. I have purchased a Gotboost Flex Fuel kit and plan on taking the car to have a blended tune done at TSM so I can run 93 and E85 on the fly.

So what is my next modification? I don't want to get into engine builds or transmission replacement just yet! Want reliable efficient upgrades to help the car perform better overall.

I have thought maybe a HKS catback.

I would also like the upper piping to to be upgraded with new BOV to match my lower intake piping. Also get rid of that ugly yellow coolant tank and have better cooling and better air coming in.

Like to hear you thoughts and appreciate the input!

· Registered
2,156 Posts
If you are not at high altitude then you are maxed. Anything more then 650whp or so you are going to get into tranny issues and lower end issues. Be happy and drive it you can beat 99% of everything on the road

· Registered
280 Posts
Have the intake manifold ported.

· Registered
10,370 Posts
Cat back won't pick you up much of anything, don't waste your time and just do a turbo swap.

You must have a rather easy dyno to see those numbers. Base your power increases on trap speed as that's the equalizing factor.

What are your traps?

· Registered
365 Posts
I thought the same thing... 650+whp on stock turbos seems high.

OP your best bet is either a small turbo upgrade, or you can try an intercooler kit, or a catback as your next upgrade step. The dollar per horsepower ratio gets really thin at this stage without upgrading turbos though.

· Registered
10,370 Posts
You can live with 700/620 +/- easily on stock transmission / engine and that's a legit dyno number - 140+ traps.

Turbo swap is the best bang for the buck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.