Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i just put up a downpayment for my 2012 black edition today. I'll be picking up the car on Friday, so 3 sleepless exciting nights for me. This is my 3rd awd car. I started out with an evo 5, then a 2011 sti, but I find them slow. Thus the gtr.

Is there something I should know about the gtr? Whats the max rpm during break in? There are no gtr dealers over here, so no advices, guidance, nor warranty and service your own. When should i first change the oil and whats the best oil to go with?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Congrats there s another member who bought one and sent it straight to AMS I believe for a full build then off to the phillipines after the build.

It's somewhere her on the forums

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Evo killer,
welcome. fellow Manila GTR newbie owner
I believe your other post inquiring about the Black BE on black wheels. looks good, pls refer to RDagher's picture.

Jeff

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hi guys, i just put up a downpayment for my 2012 black edition today. I'll be picking up the car on Friday, so 3 sleepless exciting nights for me. This is my 3rd awd car. I started out with an evo 5, then a 2011 sti, but I find them slow. Thus the gtr.

Is there something I should know about the gtr? Whats the max rpm during break in? There are no gtr dealers over here, so no advices, guidance, nor warranty and service your own. When should i first change the oil and whats the best oil to go with?

Thanks in advance!
I asked my salesperson that upon delivery and he said that the engine is already broken in so I can drive it without limitations. I then told him that I heard that the break-in period is more intended for the running train and the transmission and he did not have an answer...LOL! Love this forum!!!
Anyway, the break-in period and technique is described in the manual.
For what it's worth, I did not follow their recommendations. I just did not redline it that's all. (My buddy did, however, redline it by mistake using the paddles and downshifting instead of upshifting. The bastard...!).

·
Registered
137 Posts

Thanks in advance!
Hi Evo killer! I'm sure you will be having lots of fun on your GTR. Where did you purchase your 2012 GTR? To answer some of your question the so called break in and first service is inside the owners manual, I'll post some pics here regarding the break in period,. Regarding Oils I have tried the HKS oil, its one of the great oils for the gtr that we have here in the Philippines.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I would love to bring my GT-R over if and when I retire, but I would have to win the lottery first just to afford the import duties!

Congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. For those of you in the Ph too, i hope to get to meet you and compare notes in the future. I live in ****** kasi but ill be keeping the car in Manila for a while

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Evo killer,
I believe your other post inquiring about the Black BE on black wheels. looks good, pls refer to RDagher's picture.

Jeff
Thanks GTR001 i will check it out

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Evo killer! I'm sure you will be having lots of fun on your GTR. Where did you purchase your 2012 GTR? To answer some of your question the so called break in and first service is inside the owners manual, I'll post some pics here regarding the break in period,. Regarding Oils I have tried the HKS oil, its one of the great oils for the gtr that we have here in the Philippines.
Thanks watanabemil, where do you have your car serviced? I got the car from Jason Go at 871 car exchange in buendia thru Charlie Natividad of speed seven.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't know if this is out of topic here, but is it normal to hear a ticking sound under the car when it idles when cold?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hi Evo killer,

Jeff
Jeff, can't seem to find RDaghers pic

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Found the pics already thanks again for the info. 7.9 sec for a car with only a mid pipe? Wow!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks watanabemil, where do you have your car serviced? I got the car from Jason Go at 871 car exchange in buendia thru Charlie Natividad of speed seven.
Usually I have it sreviced at Autoplus Autoteknika or Emperor Motorsports they have the tools for your GTR, sometimes its DIY.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How bout that periodic alignment i read in the owners manual?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Evokiller: Congratulations from fellow Pinoy...Taga Iloilo now in Texas.

Re: Tickling Sounds...yes, I had it too more often initially before but seems to have disappeared after I hit about 1K miles. I have the same model as yours (pics posted in this forum). I read it from other threads. Sometimes the sounds were so horrible that I thought I was dragging something.

I always enjoy everytime drive this car. Welcome to the fast lane. Hinay hinay lang.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts