Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I recently purchased a 2015 GT-R in Jet Black Pearl with the Red Amber Leather interior. Traded in my 911 Carrera S Cabriolet on it and no regrets. The GT-R technology and craftsmanship are amazing. Definitely interested in catching up with other owners in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I have attached a few pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Welcome and congrats. There are a good number of us in the DFW area. I am in Uptown/Arts District if your ever this way. Always fun to meet other GT-R owners

·
Warrant Officer
700 Posts
LOVE the head/tail lights. To top it off, that solid red interior just POPS on top of that black exterior. Beautiful car bro. I think you'll find the GTR to be much different than the Porsche.

I'm from Burleson, by the way!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Is there a local DFW chapter that organizes monthly meetings/events etc.? GTRFinally: yeah it would be great to catch up sometime. I live over in North Fort Worth/Keller area, but work in the North Plano area. I have been in the Fort Worth area for about 6 years. I haven't gotten a chance to check out uptown. I have heard it is very nice though. I imagine it may be tough to fit in good 0-60 runs on a regular basis with the traffic in the city. LOL

Mark896 I see that you have the Deep Blue Pearl paint, that would have been my first choice, but the dealer I purchased my GTR from had Jet Black or White to choose from and I did not care for the 20 spoke 2016 wheels, so I knew I wanted to go with the 2015. I am a little partial to that color after owning a Capri Blue E55 AMG for 7 years. Also as for the lights through browsing for a few accessories I noticed that there are a few Nissan dealers that are selling the 2015 LED headlights and also the 2015 "solid halo" ring tail lights for owners of prior years to upgrade their lights. To my knowledge the lighting changes and some suspension tweaks were the only difference between the 2014 and 2015 models. Actually there may be one more difference although I have not been able to confirm. On my gauge function screen I have just 5 custom views and then the timer screens. It looks like maybe the 2014 and earlier models had an A through G screen plus numeric custom screens so that owners could setup a wider assortment of views. I was kind of bummed out about that based on the fact that the 2015 only has 5 screens to place gauge setups.

·
Warrant Officer
700 Posts
Mark896 I see that you have the Deep Blue Pearl paint, that would have been my first choice, but the dealer I purchased my GTR from had Jet Black or White to choose from and I did not care for the 20 spoke 2016 wheels, so I knew I wanted to go with the 2015. I am a little partial to that color after owning a Capri Blue E55 AMG for 7 years. Also as for the lights through browsing for a few accessories I noticed that there are a few Nissan dealers that are selling the 2015 LED headlights and also the 2015 "solid halo" ring tail lights for owners of prior years to upgrade their lights. To my knowledge the lighting changes and some suspension tweaks were the only difference between the 2014 and 2015 models. Actually there may be one more difference although I have not been able to confirm. On my gauge function screen I have just 5 custom views and then the timer screens. It looks like maybe the 2014 and earlier models had an A through G screen plus numeric custom screens so that owners could setup a wider assortment of views. I was kind of bummed out about that based on the fact that the 2015 only has 5 screens to place gauge setups.
I'm partial to the color as well as I had an 'Electron Blue Metallic' C5 Z06 that really popped. The 2015 head and taillights are amazing, but at around $3K, I'll pass. A lot of folks around here will tell you that stock, 2013's are the fastest GTR's followed by the 2014's. The 2015's supposedly took a dive in power due to some issues.

You'll love the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mark, Here is an excerpt from an article and also the link so you can see the full article. Sounds like even though the output stayed the same in 2014 the continued engine refinements to help improve the longevity of the engine. Sounds like great changes to me. Presumably, the 2015 engine is the same as 2014. Haven't seen anything to the contrary. I did see where they focused on the vertical motion of the suspension to make it less harsh when comfort mode is selected. I was thinking about adding the clear corners, but when I read about and tested out the fact that the side markers are illuminated anytime the car is on for the 2015 I decided to keep the stock amber markers since they will be illuminated amber anytime the car is on anyway. Also looked like the clear corners have a triangular portion that sticks out. Not sure why they did not just keep it flat like the US market amber design. I saw some of the I think they are called "winkees" that are advertised by one of the vendors on this site. Those look nice since they are LED white except when you turn on your signal. Of course they are also $300+ Anyway definitely check out this article. Has some good info.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/nissan/2014-nissan-gt-r-ar138839.html

"
Under the hood, the 2014 Nissan GT-R keeps the usual 3.8-liter twin-turbo V-6 engine that delivers a total of 545 horsepower and 463 pound-feet of torque. However, the Nissan upgraded this 6-pot even further.
The engine has received new [background=transparent]fuel[/background] injectors that help improve torque delivery at mid- to high-rpm ranges. Nissan also installed a new oil pan baffle to stabilize oil behavior and oil pressure under high performance driving conditions. As a final addition, an aluminum nameplate is added to each engine showing the name of the engine constructor. Wonder if Nisan had to pay AMG royalties for that idea…
Nissan then added in plasma-sprayed bores to reduce friction, a secondary air management system to avoid excessive CO2 emissions upon cold startup, a revised oil-scavenging system to keep the twin IHI turbochargers well lubricated and a lateral wet- and dry-sump oiling system to keep the engine properly slicked up under heavy load."

·
Warrant Officer
700 Posts
^Excellent read, thanks for that. I'm actually jealous of the 2015's man. Those head and taillights are nasty. Was previously unaware of the engine upgrades..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts