Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I'm new to tuning and need help with my maps or tell me if this looks right.

First off I have a 09 r35 with non res mid pipes and big sf Cobb intakes and Cobb ap.

I tried the stage 2 big sf ots map 91 octane 95 Ron with apparently what is crappy Canadian 94 octane chevron gas. I was getting knock or flashing boost gage in higher rpms.

So I took it to get a pro tune. The tune that produced 412 was just with the ots stage 2 big sf map 91 octane 95 Ron and the tune with 424 was a custom tune on Canadian shell v power 91 octane. The one with 457 was a custom tune on same gas but with e85 (30 litres of shell v power 91 octane and 3 litters e85).

Does this result seem right? Apparently our gas is crap and like USA gas and it was 31 degrees Celsius.

Thanks

Rectangle Slope Font Line Parallel

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern

Rectangle Font Slope Line Parallel

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Is your horsepower metric? Even for an 09' you should be 525 to 550 awhp with the mods you listed. I could be wrong if someone wanted to chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is your horsepower metric? Even for an 09' you should be 525 to 550 awhp with the mods you listed. I could be wrong if someone wanted to chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using GT-R Life mobile app
I don't know. They say that's the wheel horsepower and to get engine horse power you dived it by .75 so 412 divide by .75 is 549 horsepower the engine produces. Sorry I'm such a newbie.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
I don't know. They say that's the wheel horsepower and to get engine horse power you dived it by .75 so 412 divide by .75 is 549 horsepower the engine produces. Sorry I'm such a newbie.
RG dyno when not corrected just as in your results are very conservatively 15% under every other dyno out there

You are at 540 wheel. Trust me.

You only have midpipe and intake. This result is fantastic! You're still on stock injectors.

Our fuel up here sucks big time. Adding ethanol is the best way to improve that.

Bottom line is they did an amazing job to get you 540whp on your mods. Just look at before and after. You gained about 40whp over your regular tune.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RG dyno when not corrected just as in your results are very conservatively 15% under every other dyno out there

You only have midpipe and intake. This result is fantastic! You're still on stock injectors.

Our fuel up here sucks big time. Adding ethanol is the best way to improve that.

Bottom line is they did an amazing job to get you 540whp on your mods. Just look at before and after. You gained about 40whp over your regular tune.
Thanks, I feel much better now. I'm just so new to this that maybe I was expecting more but to hear that it's good from a 3rd party I'm happy. If it's around 540 at the wheels how much is that at the engine? And what's the calculation to figure it out?

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Thanks, I feel much better now. I'm just so new to this that maybe I was expecting more but to hear that it's good from a 3rd party I'm happy. If it's around 540 at the wheels how much is that at the engine? And what's the calculation to figure it out?
RG whp uncorrected + 15% = dynojet whp
RG whp uncorrected + 25% = crank hp

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I picked up some Bosch 1000 cc injectors and a down pipe. I don't want to run e85 as its hard to get it here. Do I need to upgrade my fuel pump? Is there even a point of changing my injectors then? Or should I just install the down pipe and re tune and sell the injectors?

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
I picked up some Bosch 1000 cc injectors and a down pipe. I don't want to run e85 as its hard to get it here. Do I need to upgrade my fuel pump? Is there even a point of changing my injectors then? Or should I just install the down pipe and re tune and sell the injectors?
Hard to get e85? Are you unaware of my gas station that sells it in West Van?

You do know that we all drove down to Washington two or three times a month and brought it back in jerry cans for years before this station opened up?

Now it's in your own back yard and you call that "hard to get" . It's like 30 minutes from anywhere in the lower mainland lol

Jeez. Kids nowadays. :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hard to get e85? Are you unaware of my gas station that sells it in West Van?

You do know that we all drove down to Washington two or three times a month and brought it back in jerry cans for years before this station opened up?

Now it's in your own back yard and you call that "hard to get" . It's like 30 minutes from anywhere in the lower mainland lol

Jeez. Kids nowadays. :D
I'm in Langley so it's a bit far for me. Plus I don't the the inconvenience of have to store some in my garage than pouring it in and stuff.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
I'm in Langley so it's a bit far for me. Plus I don't the the inconvenience of have to store some in my garage than pouring it in and stuff.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just put in cattless downpipes and 1000 cc injectors with new tune on Canadian chevron 94 octane fast with 15 percent e85. Thoughts?

View attachment 119225

Only thing I hate is the soot. Drive it down the road after I clean it and it's right back on there. I applied some wax and seems to help clean it off easier. But dam. Is there any other solution?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts