Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've introduced myself awhile back, but I didn't have Godzilla at the time. I'm in the Air Force and I'm stationed in Moody AFB Valdosta GA. I know of one other GT-R in the whole city and the Nissan dealership here is a joke and unathorized dealer. I got the GT-R with 5K miles and I'm absolutely in aw with this amazing machine. The only thing that would satisfy me more is to actually hear those horses roar as I step on the throttle.\

I've done some research, but a full exhasut system is out of my price range at the moment. I do want notable exhaust system, but is there away to do it piece by piece until I have them all. I don't even know where to start. I know this might not be the thread to ask but can someone point me in the right direction. I'm trying to kill two birds here.

These are some of the pics I have taken so far. Can't wait to take some pics next to some aerospace equipment.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car

Attachments

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
Welcome again and congrats on your blue GTR! Awesome color!

You can start by adding just a midpipe to your exhaust. They are not very expensive, and they will increase the exhaust sound on your GTR so you can hear all of those 500+ horsepowers working! The factory midpipe is the most restrictive part of the exhaust system, and replacing it with a good aftermarket one will also pick up additional horsepower as well! Install is simple too, and later on you can add a catback exhaust system, most will bolt right up to any midpipe on the market ( except larger 102mm exhausts )

I'll PM you a couple options!

·
Vendor
1,540 Posts
Congrats on your new GT-R! If you ever make it up around the Atlanta area, you should swing by and check us out.

As Tim mentioned, a midpipe would go a long way for the added sound you are looking for.

If we can do anything to help you out, please let us know!

·
Registered
234 Posts
As others have mentioned, midpipe is the way to go. A non cat non res midpipe like aam or hks are great. I have the aam that I got from Tim, sounds awesome, it's mind blowing how much of a difference it makes in sound, almost like changing a full exhaust on a regular car. Then if it's not enough, do downpipes and if that's not enough, rear section.

Midpipe is best place to start, aam is great quality and price, hks is great quality, just costs a little more, talk to the vendors, they are all amazing and will take care of you! Good luck

·
R33 Member
958 Posts
Welcome and congrats! As above mentioned, MP is a great start up. Enjoy you car!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really appreciate all the information and insight I've been receiving and all day I've been looking into both aam and hks which sound great. I will be making the purchase very soon.

Elliot

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
67 Posts
I really appreciate all the information and insight I've been receiving and all day I've been looking into both aam and hks which sound great. I will be making the purchase very soon.

Elliot

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using GT-R Life mobile app
If going with aam midpipe only, then be sure they send you the flange adapter. Other members including myself have ran into exhaust leaks where midpipe mates with the stock catback exhuast.
Aam is 90mm compared to stock 76mm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new ride! I'm a Deep Blue Pearl guy as well - best color ever IMHO. I was where you are at a few months back - needless to say the learning curve is vertical!!! I had the same questions as you - MP is the perfect start point. May I suggest a look at GotBoostPerformance. I met the owner, Dave, a few months back and his product are top notch. Great dude as well. Plus he'll cut you a break since he's supportive of military guys. I purchased his catted midpipe and 3" intake after visiting his shop while on leave in May. I'm a fellow AF dude (BUFF driver from Barksdale, now in NM). There's also a military thread in the Lounge section - check it out and add your info!

Bottom Line: there's a myriad of choices out there, so check out the threads to develop an informed decision based on your goals and desires. Feel free to drop me PM if I can help - best of luck!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've introduced myself awhile back, but I didn't have Godzilla at the time. I'm in the Air Force and I'm stationed in Moody AFB Valdosta GA. I know of one other GT-R in the whole city and the Nissan dealership here is a joke and unathorized dealer. I got the GT-R with 5K miles and I'm absolutely in aw with this amazing machine. The only thing that would satisfy me more is to actually hear those horses roar as I step on the throttle.\

I've done some research, but a full exhasut system is out of my price range at the moment. I do want notable exhaust system, but is there away to do it piece by piece until I have them all. I don't even know where to start. I know this might not be the thread to ask but can someone point me in the right direction. I'm trying to kill two birds here.

These are some of the pics I have taken so far. Can't wait to take some pics next to some aerospace equipment.

View attachment 67859 View attachment 67857 View attachment 67858
congrats, great looking blue gtr

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.